Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pedal Spacer question

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
I have one of those 1/2 inch 3D printed pedal spacers (pic below) and I noticed that the nuts don't have all that much to grip on. They still grab threads but not as much as compared to stock.

I was thinking about putting some loctite (blue) on the threads. Perhaps I'm worry too much, IDK... Has anybody with a 1/2 spacer done anything in that respect?

TIA

2017 w/Recaros - bone stock

I have one of those 1/2 inch 3D printed pedal spacers (pic below) and I noticed that the nuts don't have all that much to grip on. They still grab threads but not as much as compared to stock.

I was thinking about putting some loctite (blue) on the threads. Perhaps I'm worry too much, IDK... Has anybody with a 1/2 spacer done anything in that respect?

TIA

I have one that looks like the same one ( from eBay?) I’ve had it on for about a year and the bolts haven’t backed off but a little loctite couldn’t hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
FiSTerMr

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
I have one that looks like the same one ( from eBay?) I’ve had it on for about a year and the bolts haven’t backed off but a little loctite couldn’t hurt.

Haha, thanks. Yes, from ebay. Did you get a free keychain as well? lol.

Puting loctite on is no biggie i guess, I am just a tad nervous of over-torquing the nut with everything being plastic. Loctite (anything liquid) skews torque numbers.

Haha, thanks. Yes, from ebay. Did you get a free keychain as well? lol.

Puting loctite on is no biggie i guess, I am just a tad nervous of over-torquing the nut with everything being plastic. Loctite (anything liquid) skews torque numbers.

Yeah haha sadly it finally broke when I was washing my car this morning but I’m gonna make one out of a st badge lol and true I just tightened it until it felt “right”