Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pedal Spacers

Alright so I been dealing with this problem for a while, i like heel toe downshifting and it useful in many situations.

However the pedal are not compatible with my feet. My feet are pretty small so I can’t blip without angling my feet and there is only so much angle I can get as the firewall get in the way. Sometimes my foot slips between the gap and fall under the gas pedal.

Now I think I have 3 options.
No Piston
Active design
Garage line

I have read a couple of post, I don’t think anyone really mentioned running into issue of small feet. Garage line seem like the best bet as I have lateral movement however the spacer is really tall which I feel is troublesome as my foot will descend when I press the break and might not be able to hit the gas. Active design is just tall.

The no piston might be perfect as I used to angling my foot. the issue I think it’s just closing the gap in height to negate the risk of my slipping my foot.

Anyone else with awkward, small feet run into this issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Been trying to figure out which one to get myself. I don't particularly heel toe that much, but find the mismatched pedal height disconcerting.

DangerMouse

Personal opinion. No piston is too small. Active design too big. Garage line too big but with the side to side adjustment it works good over the active design. I have had both active and use garage line now. If I could get the garage line in a smidge shorter version I would.

With smaller feet you will want the garage line. I wear a 10.5 new balance most of the time. I have the garage line as close to the brake pedal as possible. Only complaint is under very hard braking the gas pedal could be above the brake pedal. Great for the street but if you track it maybe take it off.

SST

With smaller feet you will want the garage line. I wear a 10.5 new balance most of the time. I have the garage line as close to the brake pedal as possible. Only complaint is under very hard braking the gas pedal could be above the brake pedal. Great for the street but if you track it maybe take it off.

I read about this concern too from here, perhaps adding a thicker pedal for brakes would work for track?

OP
syasar
Thread Starter #6
I like the idea of getting something for brake pedal, I not sure however if there is even something for that.

I might just get the garageline, they used to sell a smaller size but it gone now. It will definitely do for now.

If you don't need something immediately, I'm in the process of designing for sale a new pedal spacer which will be able to adjust side-to-side like the Garageline but also be offered with multiple height options to choose from, including an option that will be less high than those two provide. I should have it completed within a few weeks.

Edit: My Pedal Spacer and Pedal Cover solutions are now available at www.Razzter.com

Last edited:

DBLE

If you don't need something immediately, I'm in the process of designing for sale a new pedal spacer which will be able to adjust side-to-side like the Garageline but also be offered with multiple height options to choose from, including an option that will be less high than those two provide. I should have it completed within a few weeks.
Yes! Looking forward to this.

OP
syasar
Thread Starter #9
Sounds good, I might not fork up for the garageline just yet. I changed my mind I might just get the no piston. See how much it helps and we go form there.

Sounds good, I might not fork up for the garageline just yet. I changed my mind I might just get the no piston. See how much it helps and we go form there.

I actually have a No Pistons that I never installed I can sell to you if you're interested.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I installed a wider throttle pedal. Spacers didn’t work for me.

OP
syasar
Thread Starter #12
I actually have a No Pistons that I never installed I can sell to you if you're interested.

Yea I pm’ed u

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I made my own pedal out of aluminum with an extension to make it wider towards the brake pedal. I then made a spacer out of either .50" or .63" thick plastic. It moved the pedal to exactly where I needed it. If you space it towards you too much, then the gas pedal is too far away under hard braking.

Here is my pedal in one of the stages of prototyping
Prototype gas pedal installed for testing. Heel-n-toe downshifting is much easier with the wider pedal. by Bryan Redeker, on Flickr

Once I got the fit right, I screwed it to the factory pedal and covered it in grip tape.

On my dad's Focus RS, I used a slightly thinner spacer material and the Steeda Focus ST pedal pads for the gas pedal.

2017 Focus RS by Bryan Redeker, on Flickr

On both cars, I started with a stack of spacers until I got the distance just right. Once I had that figured out, I bought plastic plates from McMaster-Carr and made the spacers. For about $20, I had enough material to build spacers for 2 Fiestas and 2 Focus RS's. The only real expense was the Steeda pedal pad on the RS. My pedal was basically free since I had a piece of aluminum laying around in the garage.

SST

that gas pedals look too aggressive, wish they have something in between.

OP
syasar
Thread Starter #15
So I just found and order a pedal spacer form eBay. It just looks like it’s a 3D printed like the active design spacer, what’s good is they make them in a couple of sizes 1/2”, 3/4”, 1”+.

I got it in the 3/4” it’s about in the middle of no piston and garageline spacer. However don’t think it comes with hardware, but it shouldn’t be hard to find nuts and bolts. Not sure about longevity lots of people print there own.

Once it comes in I give you guys a update.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.ca/ulk/itm/312188776503

So I just found and order a pedal spacer form eBay. It just looks like it’s a 3D printed like the active design spacer, what’s good is they make them in a couple of sizes 1/2”, 3/4”, 1”+.

I got it in the 3/4” it’s about in the middle of no piston and garageline spacer. However don’t think it comes with hardware, but it shouldn’t be hard to find nuts and bolts. Not sure about longevity lots of people print there own.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.ca/ulk/itm/312188776503

Yeah I saw that too. Good price (definitely less than the pedal spacer I'm designing) and a fraction of the cost of the other ones available. However looking at those pictures, I have some concerns about how strong it'll be. The material the seller is using (PETG) is should be OK, but in the pictures of the product they appear to be printed very thin and hollow as they look very translucent.

Of course, a pedal spacer should be designed well, to be pretty strong to withstand the pressure of mashing on the pedal as well as summer heat and other factors and you don't want one suddenly collapsing, deforming or breaking, especially since it's made out of 3d printed plastic.

But it's also possible he just printed thin-walled ones as a test print and used for the pictures (dunno why someone would bother doing that though) and mails out much more solid ones. So I'm curious to hear your feedback and be sure to share some pics. if it's nice and thick and solid, it should be fine. If you're able, let us know how much it weighs too!

I have had a red one installed for a few weeks. Great quality, proper shape and size, quick shipping, great customer service. Feels great and all in all a great deal.

I just installed a Garageline spacer this last weekend.

Couple of things to note:

- I ordered online, but I advise calling them first!
Was charged for the part, waited the week it was supposed to come, but no shipping/tracking info sent to me. Called Garageline > CS says they are not in stock and does not know when they will have a next batch made. Fk'in great. Guy does tell me they do have an older model in stock which is 10mm shorter in height > fine by me as I was thinking the 30mm might be too tall and I really wanted the side-adjustment so I opt for that one.
Installed the part.
IMO - It's a real solid part, but a little too tall. The gas pedal is about the same height as the brake pedal now (maybe a little shorter). With the spacers' side adjustment all the way to the right, the gas pedal is too close to the brake pedal. If I slid the adjustment all the way to the left, the pedals would be touching. So now I am more rolling onto the gas pedal with the side of my foot vs a true toe/heel action. I can deal with it, but wish it was maybe a **** hair shorter and was able to side adjust to the right more. I would recommend this part to someone with a smaller shoe size or that likes rolling your foot sideways onto the gas pedal.
All in all, with the combo part of the Garageline pedal spacer, Mountune quick shift braket and COBB shifter bushings installed, it makes driving so much more pleasurable.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
I bought and installed a 3/8" 3D printed one last weekend. I like it, but feel a little taller would be better. I was all set to order the garage line, when I saw the previous post, lol. I think I will stick with what I got. Better than stock

SST

SirThomas88, any updates on this?