Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Performance Exhaust with standard backbox

st2rjdg

Hey guys, just a quick one.

my fiesta failed its MOT due to exhaust noise and emissions (I have sorted the emissions part).

Basically I have a cobra exhaust on the car, non-resonated and back box delete (yeah, I was asking for the fail, no need to tell me twice haha.) I stupidly bought the car with it on in excitement, and it's my first performance car.

To put it simply, can I put a standard back box on my cobra exhaust with no complications? I don't know if it's a stupid question but I have to learn somehow ๐Ÿ˜‚

any replies would be appreciated and sooo helpful :) cheers all

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
We don't get the Cobra systems here in the states, so we would need some specs (like the diameter of the system) in order to suggest any solutions.

Even if the factory back box (rear muffler to us here) does not fit/work due to it being too small an inlet, there are aftermarket ones there that will work (Borla, Corsa, Vibrant, Magnaflow, etc.).

SteveS

1000 Post Club
If I'm understanding you correctly, you have a straight pipe. No wonder it's too loud. Might be worth getting a Cobra rear muffler that is a straight bolt-on. The resonator midpipe is also straight bolt on. PO did you no favors. Should have given you the original exhaust to put back on so you could get it inspected and pass.