Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SOLD: MAPerformance Catback Exhaust w/ Cobb Hangers. Used. NJ.

Trader history for hquakers (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selling my MAPerformance catback. Bought a little over a month ago. Selling because it's just too loud for me. Has 1,139 miles on it. Comes with 3 Cobb hangers, original downpipe/catback gasket, 2 new bolts/washers/nuts for aftermarket downpipes, and 2 clamps.

Looking for local pickup/meet up in the Philly area (South Jersey, Central NJ, Delaware, Eastern PA).

First to pay gets it. PM with questions.

Price: $575

Damn I just blew dinero on their FMIC....exactly how bad was it that you would make a decision like this? And how did the power feel up top as compared to stock exhaust? Glws btw...no way the wife will let me buy it off u.

OP
H
Thread Starter #3
Damn I just blew dinero on their FMIC....exactly how bad was it that you would make a decision like this? And how did the power feel up top as compared to stock exhaust? Glws btw...no way the wife will let me buy it off u.
Well the last time I had an exhaust on any of my vehicles was 5 years ago and since then I've just become particular about things like exhaust noise. I want an exhaust that is virtually quiet from inside the car yet has a little rumble outside (I know this will be hard in a hatchback since the area above the muffler is open with the hatch cargo area). This popped and crackled a ton. From 2,500-4,000rpm at 1/2 throttle or more, it would be loud enough that it made things inside buzz a little and I'd have to raise my voice to have a conversation with people. It wasn't droning so much as just a constant noise. I didn't notice much of a difference in power, except I wanted to smash the accelerator more often since it screamed above 4k.

Here's a video I took that somewhat picks up the sound:

[video=youtube;c51gwooPCno]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c51gwooPCno[/video]

My theory on exhausts for this car is that there are 3 types (in order of loudness):

1. No resonator, straight through muffler
  2. Resonator, straight through muffler
  3. No resonator, chambered muffler

What I probably need is a resonated, chambered muffler exhaust. Magnaflow and Borla catbacks look like they have chambered mufflers, but hard to tell.

OP
H
Thread Starter #5
How loud is it when cruising/maintaining speed?
If you're below 2,500 then it's barely louder than stock. Above 4k almost the same as well. If you're maintaining speed in the 2,500-4k range, it sounds like the video.

I've heard of people with similar exhausts saying it's loud when they're on the highway at higher speeds and the RPMs are in the 3-4k range.

OP
H
Thread Starter #8
Ugh. How do these things always appear when I'm broke
I'm sure a catback will be for sale when you're ready. I usually save for several months for a pricier item and something almost always pops up (or a sale is running for a holiday)!

Ah ok so was shipping never an option lol? My reading skills are diminishing I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.