Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Phone placement, mount.. what do you do/use?

Curious as to what other members are doing with their phones.

I run the power/sync cable out the groove from the armrest and usually just put it on the passenger seat because I don't want it marring the cupholder or little pocket infront of the cupholders, but I'm wanting to find a better place for it, probably a mount somewhere. If you use a mount, which one and how do you like it?

My concern is for cleanliness, I want the power/sync cable (iphone 6+) to be as hidden as possible which may make windshield mounting an issue.

I'd love to hear from others what your phone solutions are, and pictures are always a plus!

Edit: Thought this was was an AP mount thread, lol. It would work well for the phone too.

I use one of these based on what I found in a Focus forum.

Works very well for me, but there's only really one place to put it, the vent between the ignition and the screen.

Pretty cheap and supposedly works with the APv3 without the provided magnetic stickers. The best part for me is the ease of connection/disconnection as I won't leave it out in my car.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0109JIQ0W?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I use an arkon mount. Best mount ever. It uses a spring clamping system that adjusts to the size of the phone. I went from a galaxy s3 to an s4 to an s5 with that same mount. It held my wife's HTC M8 as well. I don't think I'll need to ever buy a mount again. Now all i need is a car charger without a status LED. I noticed that our cars keep power on the 12V even after shutting off the car.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00H8...+car+mount&dpPl=1&dpID=41mCh34y-6L&ref=plSrch

I'm using http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HRKI5V2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00
I'm picky about that sort of thing, and I'd not yet seen a universal mount that I liked but the clip on this one is spring loaded and works great with my G4. Installed upside down and the phone's in a good position, but if I plug the charging cord in then it gets in the way of my shifting a bit.
Does it stay put while driving? I have an airdock with CD mount, and the damn thing falls out every time I take a decently quick turn. The tabs don't go into the CD slot far enough, so all it ends up doing is putting pressure on the plastic "beauty" bezel around the slot making it basically worthless.

Does it stay put while driving? I have an airdock with CD mount, and the damn thing falls out every time I take a decently quick turn. The tabs don't go into the CD slot far enough, so all it ends up doing is putting pressure on the plastic "beauty" bezel around the slot making it basically worthless.
I use a Mountek nGroove, and had the same problem until I got some adhesive backed rubber padding at Home Depot and stuck strips of it on the blades that hold it in so that it made good contact with the angled edges of the bezel. Now it goes nowhere!

I use a Mountek nGroove, and had the same problem until I got some adhesive backed rubber padding at Home Depot and stuck strips of it on the blades that hold it in so that it made good contact with the angled edges of the bezel. Now it goes nowhere!
Oohh good idea may give that a shot. Thanks for the tip.

The one I use comes with pads of differing thickness that you can swap out. I had to change to the biggest ones, and it was a bit tricky to get it to the point where it's in there solid but it's not going anywhere now. From what I understand this particular model is more solid than most, which would seem to be borne out by the extra-thick pod-shape of the mount. Following along the lines of Olephart's suggestion with this model if I was concerned about it I would use the thickest pads and put double-sided tape on them. You could also use thinner pads and add the rubber padding, but using the thick stuff with the thicker pads would be too much thickness.

I use the Panavise mount that fits inside the trim next to the bottom of the radio buttons. It costs $30 now, but the price dipped to $15 when I bought it.
https://smile.amazon.com/Panavise-I...5690&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=fiesta+st+panavise

They sell adapter plates to fit different type of adapters, but I ended up using a round magnetic mount with the adhesive backing and it works perfectly. (It even includes metal plates if your phone's back is not ferric metal.)
This is the one I bought, but I got it on sale for $4 and it included 3 magnetic mounts and 6 plates. The magnet is super strong and holds my large phone in place easily. (And no, it won't break your phone, but it may reduce cellular signal if you use the metal plate.)
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0721D4NPP/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

DaveG99

If you have a 2014 or 2015 I highly suggest upgrading to sync 3 so that you dont need to mount your phone anywhere. I just have waze and spotify on my screen on the dash.

If you have a 2014 or 2015 I highly suggest upgrading to sync 3 so that you dont need to mount your phone anywhere. I just have waze and spotify on my screen on the dash.
It is a 16. I have sync 3. I mount it to use with Android auto.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Why do you need to mount it with Android Auto? It's not like you can use your phone when Android auto is enabled.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Why do you need to mount it with Android Auto? It's not like you can use your phone when Android auto is enabled.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
It needs to be plugged in and put somewhere. Center console is full, so the other choice is a cup holder, out car mount.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

DaveG99

I just put the phone in the little area that has the sync logo behind the the stick shift. Stays there pretty good with the cord hanging out over the passenger leg area.