Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FS Plug-and-Play Traction Control Off Module

Trader history for JDG (0)

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hey All,

I have developed a module that will automatically turn off the traction control on our vehicles after the ignition button is pressed and the radio boots up.

I have developed two offerings that I am selling to the community that are simple to install with completely reversible installations. Both offerings are plug and play into the ESC-off button below the HVAC controls with the requirement of running one wire with included add-a-fuse (with 1A fuse) to the fuse panel behind the glove box. You will need to install this into any 12V circuit that is switched with the ignition (such as the windshield wiper fuse).

Module Options
  1. Traction Control Off: Traction control is disabled after the car is started and the radio boots up.
  2. Sport Mode On: Sport mode is enabled after the car is started and the radio boots up.
Cost: TBD

Please PM me for PayPal payment details. I will also need to know if you have Sync 2 or Sync 3 (if you aren't sure, just tell me what year Fiesta ST you own).

Both modules leave the ESC-off button completely functional as the manufacturer intended. And both modules will work even if you have heated seats. The normal notifications will appear on the dashboard and radio screen as if you are pressing the ESC-off button. The module can be disabled simply by pulling the fuse in the fuse tap. The ESC button will still remain functional if this fuse is pulled (this gives you the option to disable the module in the winter).

I will need to know upfront if you have Sync 2 as the program must be changed accordingly. No testing has been done on Non-USDM Fiesta ST's. If you are from outside the United States or Canada and are interested in this modification, please get in contact with me and we can arrange doing some R&D together.

If you would like to order, please PM me to request my PayPal email address. These are in stock and ready to ship.

Video of module installation courtesy of [MENTION=9199]redmoe[/MENTION] and his Youtube Channel Indecisive Garage:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKWcrsMD24I&feature=youtu.be

Video of Sport Mode Module in action courtesy of [MENTION=6284]brbauer2[/MENTION]:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6xGnua4b7A&feature=youtu.be

IMG_8361.jpg

Installation

Installation of the module is very straight forward. You will have to pry off the plastic trim covering the shifter and HVAC controls which also houses the ESC-off and interior lighting control buttons (and heated seat buttons if present in your car). You will plug the module between the factory wiring harness and the ESC-off button. You will then have to remove the passenger side plastic cover attached to the center console to allow you to the run the single red wire over to the glove box. The glove box will also have to be removed to provide access to the interior fuse panel.

The removal of these three plastic interior trim pieces are well documented on YouTube:

ESC-off Button Removal
Start @ 1:00
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17GToRK-MiY

Glovebox Removal
Start at 0:50
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hX0k98o7lM

Shifter/HVAC Trim and Passenger Panel Removal
Start @ 1:55
Then jump to 4:55
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCe_GJLI0rE

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. Thanks for looking!

**Install and use at your own risk**

Last edited:

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Will the radio and dash lights still indicate TC is off? In for a 2014 totally off..

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #7
Will the radio and dash lights still indicate TC is off? In for a 2014 totally off..
Yes, everything will indicate TC off as normal. The button will continue to work as well. Basically this just changes your default upon startup.

Should know if the updated program works on the 2014 by the weekend. I just shipped out Dave’s updated module for testing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #8
Yeah dude I read it. Get back to work.
Lol, I knew what you meant. Your first on the list once we figure out the programming changes for the Sync 2 radio.

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #9
Still In the works there bud for 2014 sync 2 people......[burnout]
Something I clarified in the original post is that the Sport Mode version of the modules are available right now for folks with Sync 2. It is only the Traction Control off version that is still in development for Sync 2.

Hey man, this is great! Dibs on a Sport Mode one (2018 with Sync 3)

PM me and let's get the payment/shipping details figured out.

EDIT: Oh quick question- will I have to completely uninstall this every winter, or would unplugging the fuse-tap make it work like stock?

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #11
Hey man, this is great! Dibs on a Sport Mode one (2018 with Sync 3)

PM me and let's get the payment/shipping details figured out.

EDIT: Oh quick question- will I have to completely uninstall this every winter, or would unplugging the fuse-tap make it work like stock?
PM'd

To answer this question for anyone viewing this thread, you do not need to completely uninstall the module in the winter. Pulling the fuse in the fuse tap will disable the module but keep your ESC off button functioning as normal. You can always splice in a switch for the line that goes to the fuse box and run it somewhere more accessible so you can choose if the module is on or off.

PM'd

To answer this question for anyone viewing this thread, you do not need to completely uninstall the module in the winter. Pulling the fuse in the fuse tap will disable the module but keep your ESC off button functioning as normal. You can always splice in a switch for the line that goes to the fuse box and run it somewhere more accessible so you can choose if the module is on or off.
PM'd - Did you get it? Is it normal for my "Sent Items" folder to be empty? Lol I guess I haven't ever sent a PM on here before :p

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #14
PM'd - Did you get it? Is it normal for my "Sent Items" folder to be empty? Lol I guess I haven't ever sent a PM on here before :p
Yup, you're all set - just responded. You should have it in your hands on Saturday.

What kind of warranty are you providing? Like for example if it stops working the first month would you replace it?

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #18
What kind of warranty are you providing? Like for example if it stops working the first month would you replace it?
Absolutely I would replace it. There will be no explicit warranty but I will work with you if there are any issues. I value my reputation on this forum and have no intention of selling folks something that won't work long term.

My personal unit has been operating in my car since February 2018 (7 months now) with no issues.

Absolutely I would replace it. There will be no explicit warranty but I will work with you if there are any issues. I value my reputation on this forum and have no intention of selling folks something that won't work long term.

My personal unit has been operating in my car since February 2018 (7 months now) with no issues.
That sounds good to me.
Now I'm just debating the annoyance of holding the button every time vs $80