Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PNWFiestaST 'Build' - Ideas and Suggestions

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Have to be careful doing this, but you could unplug the solenoid from the WGA and see what boost does. If you get more, you know there's something in the solenoid happening. If it doesn't, you know the WGA is preloaded incorrectly or the IWG itself isn't seated all the way. I'm experiencing a somewhat similar issue that I'm spooling much too late, probably because my IWG is cracking open too early.

Again if you do unplug the WGA, be careful and monitor boost to make sure you're not making a grenade out of your engine.
This is a good idea, make sure you tie up your wga harness connector though, don't dangle it when it hits your axle and melts it blows like 5 necessary fuses... Ask me how I know haha.

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk

OP
P
Thread Starter #42
When you put the actuator on, did you verify the gate was closed when you tightened down the locking nut? Also, did you preload it? I believe stock preload is 3 full turns.

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk
Thank you for the suggestion. I don't remember verifying that the wastegate was closed but I did preload it about 4 turns per my turner's recommendation. At almost 19 lbs of boost on my base tune my understanding is that I got the preload correct.

OP
P
Thread Starter #43
Have to be careful doing this, but you could unplug the solenoid from the WGA and see what boost does. If you get more, you know there's something in the solenoid happening. If it doesn't, you know the WGA is preloaded incorrectly or the IWG itself isn't seated all the way. I'm experiencing a somewhat similar issue that I'm spooling much too late, probably because my IWG is cracking open too early.

Again if you do unplug the WGA, be careful and monitor boost to make sure you're not making a grenade out of your engine.
Like Rocketst said, that's a good idea if I'm careful. Thank you for the suggestion. If the wastegate is opening early though, would I be able to even get the boost I'm getting (19 lbs) with zero WGDC?

Edit: I had the solenoid replaced and there was no change. I even checked the solenoid fuse (#24?) to rule that out. Expensive decision but it rules out the solenoid being the issue.

Question: On every S280 setup I've seen online, the bov adapter that comes with the kit has what I'm guessing is the stock diverter valve attached to it (see pic). Since I'm running a bov off the symposer port, my bov adapter has a plate blocking where the diverter valve would be. Since the vent port of the solenoid is attached here, how does pressure get vented with a block off plate when wgdc is increased? Sorry for the basic question but I'm still learning. Also feeling like I'm chasing my tail due to that lack of knowledge 🙄

I guess my next steps are to test the actuator and wastegate to make sure they're working properly. Frustrating but I'm determined to figure this out.
20210717_071943.jpg