Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Popping codes after intake install. **2016 ST

Jerickson88

P0219
P0454
P114c
P2112
P2282

I’m about to scream. I can clear the codes and end up with the P0454/P2112 after a day or two. I have zero leaks, reinstalled the intake (Cobb) and still get a wrench thrown and a crappy idle. I can cut it off and it starts fine and no issues. Doesn’t even show the wrench or CEL.

Haven’t installed the Cobb FMIC yet.

Maybe I need to reinstall the AP3?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
P0219
P0454
P114c
P2112
P2282

I’m about to scream. I can clear the codes and end up with the P0454/P2112 after a day or two. I have zero leaks, reinstalled the intake (Cobb) and still get a wrench thrown and a crappy idle. I can cut it off and it starts fine and no issues. Doesn’t even show the wrench or CEL.

Haven’t installed the Cobb FMIC yet.

Maybe I need to reinstall the AP3?
Did you maKe sure everything is plugged back in?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yes and the car is running great and boom out of nowhere at low speed on a easy take off, WRENCH!!
Even though things are "plugged" in are they completely plugged in and clicked Into place?

OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #8
Verified with a click and locked connectors. Yes it’s the 2016 kit from Cobb.

I do have a vacuum actuated bypass valve with the cel dummy plug from Turbosmart. Could this be the culprit? I had 5k trouble free out of it

I get a company vehicle next week. I’ll take it all back off and just comb thru one last time. It has to be something stupid. I’m seeing about 20.05-20.68 psi peak. The vdyno is putting me around 203hp/277ft-lb, a/f looks good. I know those numbers are subject but she’s running strong.

slopoke

I could not find the error code P114C in the service manual, but I did find the other codes and their possible causes. Good luck.

P0219 - Engine Overspeed Condition
Description: This DTC sets when the vehicle has been operated in a manner which caused the engine speed to exceed a calibrated limit. The engine RPM is continuously monitored and evaluated by the PCM. This DTC sets when the RPM exceeds the calibrated limit set within the PCM.

For additional information on the engine RPM limiter, refer to Section 1, Powertrain Control Software .
Possible Causes: Wheel slippage (water, ice, mud, and snow)
Excessive engine RPM in NEUTRAL or operated in the incorrect transmission gear
High engine RPM with engine temperature within a calibrated limit of an overheating condition (GTDI engine)

Diagnostic Aids: This DTC may be accompanied by other DTCs. If DTC P1285 or P1299 is present, disregard DTC P0219 at this time. Diagnose DTC P1285 or P1299 first.

P0454 - EVAP System Pressure Sensor / Switch A Circuit Intermittent

Description: This DTC sets when the fuel tank pressure changes greater than 14 inches of water in 0.10 seconds.
Possible Causes: FTP circuit intermittent open
FTP circuit intermittent short
FTP sensor intermittent open
FTP sensor intermittent short
Contaminated FTP sensor
Damaged FTP sensor

P2112 - Throttle Actuator A Control System - Stuck Closed

Description: This DTC sets when the fault status indicates the throttle plate is at a lower angle than commanded.
Possible Causes: Throttle body stuck closed
Throttle body stuck binding
TACM+ circuit open
TACM- circuit open
TACM+ and TACM- circuits are cross wired
TACM+ and TACM- circuits are shorted together
Damaged PCM

P2282 - Air Leak Between Throttle Body And Intake Valve

Description: This DTC sets when the PCM detects an air leak that exceeds a calibrated limit for greater than 5 seconds. If the airflow entering the engine exceeds the airflow through the throttle, a leak is detected and this diagnostic fails.
Possible Causes: Unmetered air leaks between throttle body and intake valves
Air leaks at the intake manifold
Positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) system is leaking

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
P144C FORD - Evaporative Emission System Purge Check Valve Performance

Possible causes

Stuck open Evaporative Emission (EVAP) canister purge check valve (part of EVAP canister purge valve)

Damaged EVAP canister purge check valve

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Put all the old shit back in...clear codes..returnthat other junk.. get st200 box from Ron@whoosh

slopoke

Did you get the intake new? I looked at the Cobb website and for 2016 and up, it should include piping that eliminates their intake from throwing a code. The piping is shown in the complete kit. But for the stand alone piping, it states that it is sold separately.

"Description

This adapter is included in the latest revision (part number 702100) of the COBB Intake for the Fiesta ST. It is sold separately to allow compatibility with the 2016-2017 model year for users with the previous revision intake (part number 701100)".

OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #13
P144C FORD - Evaporative Emission System Purge Check Valve Performance

Possible causes

Stuck open Evaporative Emission (EVAP) canister purge check valve (part of EVAP canister purge valve)

Damaged EVAP canister purge check valve

This is stupid. My hands are the only ones that have been under the hood of the car and I’ve moved and connected with precision. If something is broken I’m gonna flip lol.

I didn’t mean your post was stupid I meant the situation

OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #14
Did you get the intake new? I looked at the Cobb website and for 2016 and up, it should include piping that eliminates their intake from throwing a code. The piping is shown in the complete kit. But for the stand alone piping, it states that it is sold separately.

"Description

This adapter is included in the latest revision (part number 702100) of the COBB Intake for the Fiesta ST. It is sold separately to allow compatibility with the 2016-2017 model year for users with the previous revision intake (part number 701100)".

Ya know, it was bought new. I wonder if I got the old kit sent to me versus the update...

OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #16
Hypothesis. That’s only once I’ve had that many codes.

The over speed could be caused by a vacuum issue causing it to idle high?

I consistently have a p2112 and p0454

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Put all the old shit back in...clear codes..returnthat other junk.. get st200 box from Ron@whoosh

That's actually why I bought the st200 airbox. I didn't want to deal with modding anyting to prevent a check engine light.

OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #19
For the sake of clarity.

I bought this car brand new, December 2016. It has 27,132 miles currently. All mods were purchased new and installed per manufacturer instruction.

Cobb induction kit (for 2016, with Evap kit)
Cobb rmm
Cobb AP3
Turbosmart Plumb Back vacuum bypass valve (no n electric)
Silicone cap symposer delete

I only have the p2112 and p0454 regularly occurring