Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Popping noise

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
So I got a popping noise coming from the center front of the car. Before I left for vacation I drove the car into a car cleaners and since my cars fairly low the support bar I have from whoosh caught on the vehicle tram that pulls the car through the car wash. What's more likely, the engine mounts been loosened or the control arms loosened. Affected side was drivers front only parts that got contacted were the support bar but it's tied to both control arms. Popping noise happens on light acceleration from a stop.

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk

CSM

1000 Post Club
So I got a popping noise coming from the center front of the car. Before I left for vacation I drove the car into a car cleaners and since my cars fairly low the support bar I have from whoosh caught on the vehicle tram that pulls the car through the car wash. What's more likely, the engine mounts been loosened or the control arms loosened. Affected side was drivers front only parts that got contacted were the support bar but it's tied to both control arms. Popping noise happens on light acceleration from a stop.

Miles?

At 85k both of my ball jionts were toast. I nailed a pothole on my psgr side during an autox in the fall, and that side ball jiont would clunk on occasion after that impact.

They are fairly easy to replace as you can buy the control arms with the joints installed for $70 each i believe

Fiestig

I have had the same random noise for a bit, but never heard it on acceleration in my case. I already changed the sway bar bushings to urethane and replaced motor mounts. Both things I wanted to do anyway. I am putting new ford control arms going on tomorrow

Fiestig

New ford control arms cost me 53 each + tax from parts.ford. Just ordered individually and registered a new email each time which gives you $25 off of each order giving me the 53 price. Plus I got them next day cross country at no additional charge(y)

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
That's some pretty crazy damage to that control arm in his pictures. Based off what the other said I think it's a failed or pinched bushing but I'll have to get under the car to access. Thanks everyone. At least now I have a precise area I should look.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
No problem. But since that thread was active just a couple of days ago, when I saw your thread title and that a suspension part got pulled on from the left side, my mind immediately went to that thread.