Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Positive battery terminal corroded off...

OP
TheStig

TheStig

Thread Starter #21
My car has returned to me. Now we wait for the Ford nation to attack.

me32

1000 Post Club
Dealer called, She's done and Ford is currently looking into reimbursement for my extended rental and/or any of the parts and labor.

Hopefully they can at least cover Friday through Today since it was supposed to be done Thursday.

Either way ill be happy as shit to have my car back.
Good luck hope it all works out

OP
TheStig

TheStig

Thread Starter #23
Ford hosed me as I expected but their reasoning was slightly odd. The lady told me that if I had paid the 30$ for the dealer to clean the terminal earlier that week like they suggested, the part would have likely failed on them. Which they would have paid for and covered a rental for.

So basically it was going to fail but since I was the lucky one, I got stuck with the bill. They kicked in zero even though I had to rent a car for 5 days beyond originally expected due to them having a delay in parts.

I got my car back which is what counts, just sucks they couldn't chip anything back in. Oh well!

me32

1000 Post Club
Ford hosed me as I expected but their reasoning was slightly odd. The lady told me that if I had paid the 30$ for the dealer to clean the terminal earlier that week like they suggested, the part would have likely failed on them. Which they would have paid for and covered a rental for.

So basically it was going to fail but since I was the lucky one, I got stuck with the bill. They kicked in zero even though I had to rent a car for 5 days beyond originally expected due to them having a delay in parts.

I got my car back which is what counts, just sucks they couldn't chip anything back in. Oh well!
I do understand there reasoning. because the car is out of the 3yr/36k bumper to bumper there not looking to pay for things that I guess you say that might have been prevented or at least try to prevent in there eyes. which I understand not wanting to pay $30 for something you may have been able to do yourself. if you had known how bad it actually was I'm sure at that point you would of paid the $30 and when it went bad ford would have paid to fix it.

OP
TheStig

TheStig

Thread Starter #25
I do understand there reasoning. because the car is out of the 3yr/36k bumper to bumper there not looking to pay for things that I guess you say that might have been prevented or at least try to prevent in there eyes. which I understand not wanting to pay $30 for something you may have been able to do yourself. if you had known how bad it actually was I'm sure at that point you would of paid the $30 and when it went bad ford would have paid to fix it.
Hindsight 50/50 lol

What can ya do.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Corroded connections can't pass current without producing excess amounts of heat... and that heat accelerates corrosion which creates more heat... heat starts burning up parts. Vicious cycle. IIRC infrared cameras are sometimes used to find problem spots in building wiring. For vehicles, you'll want to use voltage-drop testing to locate problem areas.