Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Post-Warranty Repair Issue (Evap System)

Hello all,

Within the last six months, I had my canister purge valve replaced under warranty. The engine would of course stall shortly after re-fueling, so that's why I brought it in.

Now, the problem has come back... the only thing I'm thinking is causing this is the fact that I changed the battery this month, and I left everything disconnected for a couple of hours to ensure that the battery management system was properly reset.

Upon starting the engine after re-connecting the battery, I let the car idle for about ten minutes before driving to work (40 minute drive).

Is this a plausible hypothesis? Do you guys think that the evap system needs to be recalibrated, or do you think the canister purge valve has already failed?

I do not overfill the tank, and I always allow the pressure to equalize after the fuel pump automatically shuts off - I wait about 15 seconds every time before taking the nozzle out.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
I wait about five minutes before pulling the nozzle out. No lie. That seems to do the trick for me. Although last night I waited about a minute (in a rush) and I didn't have the issue [emoji1696]

I thought about bringing it to the dealer and just figured it would come back anyways.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^That would NEVER FLY with the attendants at the western Joyzee stations I frequent, as they get very bent out of shape even when I just take control of the handle to prevent them from over-filling to the point of spillage, so that they can 'round up'. [mad]

It would even be a BIG problem in self-serve Pennsyltuckey, IF I were willing to pay the usual .35+ a gallon extra they get for 93 here, since the impatient peckerwood waiting for the pump would be reaching for his fully auto converted Bushmaster off his truck's rack if I were waiting a full 5 minutes to remove the handle. LOL

Last edited:
What is this issue that I hear about? and is it after a certain amount of miles on the car? I have 4,800 and I don't notice anything I just fill up and roll out. Did try to fill the car one time and leave it running and it just shutoff. Tried it again weeks later and it did it again so figure it doesn't like to be running while getting fuel.

OP
Sprinkle_Star
Thread Starter #6
Update

After a couple of months, I've figured out what caused the evap issue to repeat.

I've been getting gasoline near my work place 99% of the time, and my car has not exhibited any issues immediately after refueling.

However, one night I decided to refuel at a gas station close to home, and the car started exhibiting evap troubles. I'm not sure what this means exactly, but I definitely wanted to share.