Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Power steering problem

Rocheey

Just bought a 2019 Fiesta 2 weeks ago and love the car, but a problem just arose and I'm looking for some help. A week after I got the car I noticed that when pulling into a parking space when I make a hard left, going forward and reverse, the steering wheel vibrates and makes noise. It does it to the right also, but seems worse to the left. Brought it to the dealer and he told me its normal for Fiestas to do that, the CV joint and wheel bearings are ok. It drives fine other than that. I'd take it to another Ford dealer but closest one is 60 miles away. Not sure if its power steering or what it is but dealer doesn't seem interested in finding out. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section, but wasn't sure where to post. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Our vehicles have Electric power steering...No longer hydraulic....I'm at 53k and mine has made some weird noises and never did it again! CRAY CRAY!

OP
R

Rocheey

Thread Starter #4
It's all the way to the left going only a couple miles per hour, just normal parking, full speed its fine. It's worse going backwards when its turned all the way to the left. Hard right during parking isn't too bad, seems like it's mostly hard left during parking.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
The sound is most definitely not normal at all! That sounds like a bad CV. As it gets worse it will start clicking as well. You may have to wait until it gets to that point before the dealer will bother. Or take that long drive to a different dealer. I drive about 60 miles from NJ to PA for a competent dealer. Thank goodness I only needed to once.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
It's all the way to the left going only a couple miles per hour, just normal parking, full speed its fine. It's worse going backwards when its turned all the way to the left. Hard right during parking isn't too bad, seems like it's mostly hard left during parking.
I don't have this issue on the FiST, but mine has been modified extensively. I do have this (or similar) issue with my CTS-V, in reverse at low speeds with full lock the front wheels "bind" and essentially almost "hop". The dealer said this was "normal", and these guys I trust. Not sure if that's what's at play here - given that the FiST's stock size is only 205...