Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Powerflex Motor Mount Inserts

The bushing is split, even though it's hard to see that in the photos. That's what the black "rubber band" is for, to keep the insert bushing intact and on the mount once it's in place.

Powerflex provides detailed instructions on how to install. http://www.powerflex.co.uk/i/product_images/19-2025 FI.pdf
Gotcha that makes complete sense now. Thank you for the info. Much appreciated.

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #47
I thought you mentioned a Pierce brace that you ordered having crap welds awhile back. Might have been a different member; my mistake.
I don't see how a eurathane bushing relate to the bars, but yes that is correct. I purchased a 6pt. and upper strut bar. There were fitment issues with the 6pt and a mickey mouse washer set up for the strut bar. I ordered white in color and was disappointed that they were not powder coated, but rattled caned. The paint was chipping and flaking off, this would only exacerbate under the car being struck by rocks over time. The biggest turn off was the bars were chromoly and were MIG welded, when chromoly should really be TIG welded. The welds on my bar had gaps and pinholes. which were very apparent in the white paint. It looked like someone was just learning to weld, I just couldn't put them on my car and be happy. I really wanted to help support a small business catering to the platform and a local business at that, but I have a certain level of standard and quality that must be met to my personal satisfaction. I realize the bars are popular for many, I only made one mention of them IIRC, I don't go around knocking people for their choices, it's their car and their happiness.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
I don't see how a eurathane bushing relate to the bars, but yes that is correct. I purchased a 6pt. and upper strut bar. There were fitment issues with the 6pt and a mickey mouse washer set up for the strut bar. I ordered white in color and was disappointed that they were not powder coated, but rattled caned. The paint was chipping and flaking off, this would only exacerbate under the car being struck by rocks over time. The biggest turn off was the bars were chromoly and were MIG welded, when chromoly should really be TIG welded. The welds on my bar had gaps and pinholes. which were very apparent in the white paint. It looked like someone was just learning to weld, I just couldn't put them on my car and be happy. I really wanted to help support a small business catering to the platform and a local business at that, but I have a certain level of standard and quality that must be met to my personal satisfaction. I realize the bars are popular for many, I only made one mention of them IIRC, I don't go around knocking people for their choices, it's their car and their happiness.
I thought the bushing was torn, as in, poor integrity. I then later read that it was supposed to be that way. A 'blonde' moment on my behalf. But yeah, no worries, and nothing against Pierce, because I plan on ordering from them anyway. Just thought you had bad luck is all.

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #49
I thought the bushing was torn as in, poor integrity. I then later read that it was supposed to be that way. A 'blonde' moment on my behalf. But yeah, no worries, and nothing against Pierce, because I plan on ordering from them anyway.
I was one of the early adopters, so I would hope that by now their products and quality have improved.

Btw anyone know the torque specs for driver and passenger mounting bolts? How is everyone going about supporting the engine for the install??

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #53
I think you may have installed the bushing backwards. Waffle/textured side goes face down on the mount. Re-check the final picture in the instructions.

yes, good eye! I was kinda wondering if anyone would notice. I realized that after taking the photo and thought of redoing the photo, but said screw it, LOL. I have an extra mount that I used for the photo. I haven't yet installed the insert on my car.

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #54
Btw anyone know the torque specs for driver and passenger mounting bolts? How is everyone going about supporting the engine for the install??

I do them goodentite, but for those that want specifics.

Attachments

Street version installed all, on top. Noticeable Nvh increase, more like the chassis is purring. I enjoy the feeling from my setup so far. Install is fairly easy, just a few bolts on each side. If you have issues reinstalling the bolts, clean up the threads of the (3)bolt holes located on the engine.

[MENTION=235]koozy[/MENTION] I have the black insert just like you. After install, did your engine sit about 1/4" higher on the passenger side? I could see that mine does, as it's now causing my CFM breather to hit my Pierce strut brace. I don't think this'll affect anything, but I'm not 100% sure. I wonder if I removed the factory insert altogether and replaced it with the powerflex if it'd level out and still give the benefit of being stiffer.