Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Powerstop Z23 Front and Rear Kit

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Calipers were the same except some had the optioned "red" powdercoating applied to them. The "red" powdercoat was not specific to the tire nor the brake pads. It was a separate option.
Except that I thought for some model years at least, the painted caliper option was tied into the wheel color option (i.e.; the darker grey color vs. the stock silver for early model years, and the black vs. the stock dark grey for latter years), and was not a 'stand alone option'. [dunno]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The OEM summer pads are great. Any aggressive semi metallic pad is going to be hard on rotors. I don't care, I replace them every time I do brake pads. I have done many brake jobs and have installed a few different brands. Powerstop pads are at the bottom of my list. Maybe give the OEM all season tire pads a try they are ceramic. Anyway just going to have to agree to disagree here, but I will never recommend them to anyone ever.
Time to try the Blue NDX pads* definitely very similar to The summer pads but with an edge.

kevinatfms

Except that I thought for some model years at least, the painted caliper option was tied into the wheel color option (i.e.; the darker grey color vs. the stock silver for early model years, and the black vs. the stock dark grey for latter years), and was not a 'stand alone option'. [dunno]
Yes, wheel and brakes were tied together if you wanted the painted calipers you either got the dark painted silver wheels or the black wheels with red calipers. But that was a single option not tied to any mechanical changes such as the tires to brake pads.