Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PROPERGARAGE's 2015 fiesta ST time attack/auto-x build

OP
propergarage_ST
Thread Starter #22
yes. I pulled the seat and harness bar today due to us building the complete weld in roll cage and chassis bracing this weekend. I will post pictures mon/tues when its completed.

Chuckable

There are lots of little tricks I figured out on this car to make it better for me and my driving style. One thing I do not do is heel and toe, just never worked for me but could be due to the right side of my body being electrocuted and being thrown out of a building out cold when hit with a 220 50 amp charge.....when I was in my early 20's, just a couple of years after being hit by a crane working on the railroad where they wanted to put me on permanent disability. All that said, the gas pedal is perfectly placed for my driving style as is the brake pedal but for some a relocation kit would be the way to go. Note: not all championship caliber racers heel and toe, some very famous ones never did, just not talked about much as the heel and toe fans seem to think it is the only thing that works. I have tried, been to school on it, just went back to my normal routine and have been complemented by many instructors, etc....on being very good into and out of corners.
So how do you downshift and brake for corners without heel/toeing?

Edit: Just realized this was off-topic. Sorry.

yes. I pulled the seat and harness bar today due to us building the complete weld in roll cage and chassis bracing this weekend. I will post pictures mon/tues when its completed.
Right on. Was hoping to see it in the car without the cage. I want to do a seat/harness/bar set up in my car.

OP
propergarage_ST
Thread Starter #25
the bride seat fits in great with the universal rails. ill go back and check my computer and see if I have any old pics of the original setup. [MENTION=1652]timmytoast[/MENTION]

OP
propergarage_ST
Thread Starter #26
weather was crappy yest. heres some pics I took last week prior to roll cage. but on BC coilovers @ my track height setting.
and that booty thoooo!!!
fiestalow2.jpg fiestalow1.jpg fiestarear1.jpg

iso100

1000 Post Club
Did you cornerweight it yet or are you waiting until after the interior is gutted and the cage is installed for fine tuning the spring perch heights?

OP
propergarage_ST
Thread Starter #28
right now the interior is out. we are going over our plan of action now/this weekend. !!! ill keep you posted

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Corner weight is set at race prep level with the amount of fuel you plan to start out with and driver on board in full gear or the same weight in the drivers seat. Once any changes are made it has to be done over again and will change a bit during a race of course.
-----------------

I have not found the article on heel and tow driving and not doing so by some world class championship drivers yet. I read it years ago and it was such a relief since I always felt bad that it did not work for me, I am not the only one and no where near world class like so many of us think they are. Most others consider it an absolute must, why most that do not do it do not make it public knowledge as some have less than open minds about other possibilities and will rant about it, which I expected when I made the post.

-------------

Back to the topic at hand, really looking forward to where you are taking this car and glad no more harness bar, either roll bar or cage and not one of those bolted to sheet metal is the only safe way to build a race car, that is why many orgs do not allow harness bars on track.

I very much want to build a roll bar into my car but the multipurpose use and design of the car make a tough one to figure out, so far nothing works right for it.......if purely a track car or I did not have to haul two huge dogs around in it, it would be easy and done.

----------------

Alumanized steel for an exhuast on a track only car is a very viable way to go, the main advantage to SS is not going to come up as not enough use and certainly get it more than hot enough to keep it from rusting. There is some gain in SS to keeping heat in the system and away from other things and helping extract the exhaust but not a huge difference. I have built both and never replaced a part I did not do for other reasons besides a performance mod or noise adjustment.

Rick

OP
propergarage_ST
Thread Starter #30
Fresh detail pics. Now the car is under the knife and being torn apart & prepped / caged. Eta for completion of cage - sunday

fiestasta4.jpg fiestasta3.jpg fiestasta2.jpg fiestasta1.jpg

OP
propergarage_ST
Thread Starter #34
I used a mandrel bender to actually bend the exhaust piping. its all hand built. 3" from the down pipe back. no muffler or resonator. and did a slight curve/angle and minor slash cut for the tip of the piping. I went with 3" because its getting a bigger turbo and my power output should be over 300+ when im done. ive always ran 3" piping on my turbo cars over 300whp. that's my preference. it also looks more stout to me from the back of the car.

OP
propergarage_ST
Thread Starter #35
stupid welder took a crap during roll cage mock up. just waiting on snap on to come replace it!!! dang-it :l [?|]
fiestagas4.jpg

iso100

1000 Post Club
Have you gotten a protune yet? It's an amazing improvement over Cobb OTS maps. I'm currently at a measured 25% improvement in acceleration over the Cobb Stage 3 93 octane map and it was just my first revision.

OP
propergarage_ST
Thread Starter #40
yes very. ive compared amongst a few different pro tunes and mine is the most suitable for my track usage. its a pretty aggressive tune. and once I get this damn gt2862 on, its going to be a beast on the course. I just need to finish my damn cage. but my welder took a mysterious shit and stopped working. lol