Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pulled timing

Another day, another problem…
So I replaced a few parts on my 16 Fist and all seemed peachy. However, I replaced the factory injectors with Bosch stock flow injectors. Since then, I’ve been getting negative timing corrections. Largest one has been about -3.5. I thought maybe my fuel was bad, so I’ve tried a couple different stations and the OAR has been -1.00.

Can fouled spark plugs cause timing to be pulled? What I have read hasn’t been quite clear on this. Any ideas of what it could be? Maybe a sensor?

I have a dizzy tune. TT s280 turbo. Fmic. 3” downpipe and exhaust. Dv+ diverter valve.

Thanks guys!!

Send a log to Jason and ask him to retune it. I have a feeling the new injectors aren't dumping the proper amount of fuel.

Unfortunately, he's off this week, so you might want to take it easy until he gets back to you

OP
C
Thread Starter #3
Send a log to Jason and ask him to retune it. I have a feeling the new injectors aren't dumping the proper amount of fuel.

Unfortunately, he's off this week, so you might want to take it easy until he gets back to you
Interesting… Does that happen often? I thought maybe that could be it, but everything I read says if they are rated the same then they should work the same. I hope it’s as simple as a retune!!! Thanks for your reply!!

Interesting… Does that happen often? I thought maybe that could be it, but everything I read says if they are rated the same then they should work the same. I hope it’s as simple as a retune!!! Thanks for your reply!!
honestly, I haven't seen many people replace injectors with stock-sized ones before, so I'm not sure. It just seems weird to me that you are just now having this issue when you swapped them. Are they labeled as being for this car? It's possible they could be too short or too long or something as well....

Yes, fouled plugs can cause timing to be pulled, especially in a big turbo car like yours. Normally that's the first thing I'd check.

Either way, send Jason a log of it pulling timing, he should be able to look it over and see if anything looks off. It's amazing what you can troubleshoot with datalogs.