Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pumaspeed X-37 Hybrid Turbo Thread

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I read it as he was talking about himself, seemed pretty obvious.

I’m a redneck. Maybe.
I'm kind of a redneck. Must be a southern thing. I haven't seen any electrical car spots to block just cow pastures. I wouldn't do that anyway must be cool to charge your car for free.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have an awesome mullet....that counts....My waitress the other day said it was Hot...right in front of my BAE.....should've seen the look on her face.....priceless!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I have an awesome mullet....that counts....My waitress the other day said it was Hot...right in front of my BAE.....should've seen the look on her face.....priceless!

Awesome.

jeff

2000 Post Club

I have seen this mullet in person!!!! There is none like it!!! It is truly glorious!!!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have seen this mullet in person!!!! There is none like it!!! It is truly glorious!!!
Its even longer now Jeff! It's getting pelty....like a Beaver Pelt....it needs to be groomed by my Hair lady.

CSM

1000 Post Club
Got this response today when I asked Pumaspeed if the X37 is being discontinued:

"We can get hold of them but tend not to as it’s very expensive to manufacture a single turbo, we tend to recommend the X-47R now as we get batches of these made up, and they are able to produce more power"

So it sounds like it's not going away completely but will have extremely limited availability moving forward compared to x47r

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Got this response today when I asked Pumaspeed if the X37 is being discontinued:

"We can get hold of them but tend not to as it’s very expensive to manufacture a single turbo, we tend to recommend the X-47R now as we get batches of these made up, and they are able to produce more power"

So it sounds like it's not going away completely but will have extremely limited availability moving forward compared to x47r
Yep, it's more of a generational upgrade and not a size thing, like I was saying Pwnall and Stratified (and maybe others) must have agreed to split a batch or something... But with the x47r, it still spools very nearly the same with a much better design for more power AND is even a little cheaper right now.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Maybe he was talking about himself…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Right on me myself and I. Don't know what else to say just sharing my thoughts.

I read it as he was talking about himself, seemed pretty obvious.
Sorry guys, it wasn't obvious to me at all the way things have gone down between us in the past, it looked like he was following the same formula. Also, and I'm really not a grammar Nazi, but the grammar sucked and looked like he was calling me out directly... I digress, and thanks for clearing this up, I do appreciate anyone's opinion as long is it's not mocking anyone just trying to help and I see that now.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Don't quote my post until you apologize for losing your temper and calling me names which I don't do to anybody. It's a fairly common phrase. You don't have to apologize but don't quote my post until you do. I don't need a notification with your name on it. I don't tell people they ride the "short bus" or there "dumb rednecks" from the south anyway it's not a negative term to me. "Between us" I questioned your idea of a motor mount insert you're acting like I stole your wife from you. I like how you threw the grammar Nazi thing in there just another insult hidden in a paragraph. It's okay the person that sent me a message, and the guys that posted on the thread they totally got it. Time to hit the Gym over this nonsense.

I appreciate everybody that understood I was referring to myself, and was nice enough to say something. I guess with my terrible awful grammar it's hard to tell [emoji39] My Wife is on her way back home from upstate New York about a 14 hour drive so wish her luck.

Last edited:

CSM

1000 Post Club
Reviving from dead. Finally got around to installing the X37. Mitch@CP-E did the install and tuning. Here are the results:

****Before everyone gets in a tizzy about how these numbers are low, realize these are mustang dyno numbers which measure lower than Dynojet.***

- Baseline (Dizzy V2 93) - 170hp/226tq (I had previously dyno'd this setup on a dynojet at 200hp/285tq)
- X37 (93) - 219hp/246tq
- X37 (E30) - 234hp/262 tq

If I were to go back to the previous dyno the car would probably make about 258hp on 93 and 275hp on E30. So right in the ballpark of what to expect from this little turbo. I love it...car absolutely rips now and pulls hard to redline. Very happy with the power level and honestly wouldn't want any more for my needs.

Hey guys, just got an x37 and cant wait to install! What do you suggest I use for diverter valve? Will the stock one work just fine or is that a nono, i do not want loud bov noises

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hey guys, just got an x37 and cant wait to install! What do you suggest I use for diverter valve? Will the stock one work just fine or is that a nono, i do not want loud bov noises
Stock diverter valve is more than adequate...if you want some ppppsssshhhh get an adapter for the BPV. I had one on my Fist for 30k before I pulled the stock snail for the Gen2 GTX2860 ....plus you don't have to take it out and oil it every so often like you do with the Gofastbits DV one.

CSM

1000 Post Club
I would recommend upgrading the factory BPV internals with the GFB DV+ unit. Should fit the bill perfectly

Question guys, x37 has been installed for over a month or so, all the bolt ons are done.. car pulls pretty smooth but is it ever enough? Locally no e85 is available but I can zip over to the usa and fill jerry cans up and stock up, will e30 make the car alot quicker with the x37 or should I go x47r and 93oct?
Cheers, jake

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Question guys, x37 has been installed for over a month or so, all the bolt ons are done.. car pulls pretty smooth but is it ever enough? Locally no e85 is available but I can zip over to the usa and fill jerry cans up and stock up, will e30 make the car alot quicker with the x37 or should I go x47r and 93oct?
Cheers, jake
Not 100% sure but you might need auxiliary fuel to pull that off.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Not 100% sure but you might need auxiliary fuel to pull that off.

Im new to the 1.6 ecoboost but from what ive been researching I wouldnt need aux fuel for an x37 on e30 fuel. My question is would I be making similar power with an x37(which I have installed) on e30 vs buying an x47r and just have it run on 94 octane pump gas.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Im new to the 1.6 ecoboost but from what ive been researching I wouldnt need aux fuel for an x37 on e30 fuel. My question is would I be making similar power with an x37(which I have installed) on e30 vs buying an x47r and just have it run on 94 octane pump gas.
I think you'd be right about there.

CSM

1000 Post Club
X47R on 93 will probably be roughly equivalent to X37 on E30 IMO.