Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pumaspeed X-37 Hybrid Turbo Thread

X47R on 93 will probably be roughly equivalent to X37 on E30 IMO.
Beauty, thats what i was thinking. Anyone chime in on what weight of oil they are using. Ive had amsoil oe 5w20 in there for 3,000mi now but am thinking of going 5w30 as per pumaspeed

CSM

1000 Post Club
Beauty, thats what i was thinking. Anyone chime in on what weight of oil they are using. Ive had amsoil oe 5w20 in there for 3,000mi now but am thinking of going 5w30 as per pumaspeed
I am using amsoil oil 5w 30. I think the heavier weight oil is necessary for the seals used in the puma speed turbos

Whereabouts is the information for the weight oil that pumaspeed suggests? I can't seem to find it on their website. I literally just picked up 5w-20 for my turbo swap.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Whereabouts is the information for the weight oil that pumaspeed suggests? I can't seem to find it on their website. I literally just picked up 5w-20 for my turbo swap.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
I believe it is on their website, ive been running 5w20 without an issue... not looking to start an oil war but I will be changing to 5w30 next change

A few questions here:

who is running this with a 91 or 93 tune?
How many miles on the car with the x37?
What are you running for boost (PSI)?
Also if anyone is running the Cobb intercooler with this their feedback would be helpful.

thanks!

Im running this on a 94 octane tune (canada has 94 at some pumps, but I mean its similar to 93 lol)
I have put about 10,000 miles on the car with the x37. Normally the boost is around 26 psi but I have hit 27-28 on some cool nights. I cant vouch for the cobb intercooler but I have the depo intercooler and it does just fine... when I run the car on e30 (also tuned for that) the car is a different animal.

Thanks for the reply. I can’t find anyone over like 20k miles most either post YouTube videos when they just do the swap or post shortly after on the forums. Clutch still grabs nice too?

CSM

1000 Post Club
I have 93 + E30 tune by Mitch@CPE. Prob around 260whp on 93 and 280whp on E30
I've had X37 for about 15k miles no issues at all
usually 25-26 psi peak boost

I would go with CPE intercooler. I had a cobb equivalent prior to this turbo and this CPE IC is a lot better

Thanks for the reply! If anyone has run with the Cobb I’d love to hear if you had temp/heat soak/ issues. Ideally don’t want to pony up for another FMIC if I don’t have to. I rarely drive mine hard just want the power on deck if I want to once in a while

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thanks for the reply! If anyone has run with the Cobb I’d love to hear if you had temp/heat soak/ issues. Ideally don’t want to pony up for another FMIC if I don’t have to. I rarely drive mine hard just want the power on deck if I want to once in a while
I have an X47 which dyno’d 304whp with Cobb fmic. No heat soak issues at all after 20000 miles of daily driving. Your X37 will be fine with a Cobb fmic. I don’t know how the Cobb does on t he track but for DD you’ll be fine.

haste

1000 Post Club
45k miles on my X37. 79k on the car now. Everything is still good, original clutch. I'm actually gonna be removing the turbo soon and inspecting it. It's now the "weekend" car since we just had a baby and own a stock '17 FiST. I haven't been putting as many miles on it recently. I think I've only put about 3k miles on it the last 5 months.

pheoxs

So after a bunch of research ... I want a X37 only to find out they aren't for sale anymore. Any suggestions on what the closest option would be?

I'm not looking to go to a really big turbo. I care most about keeping the quick spooling boost and aiming for ~250whp kinda range.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Whoosh Hybrid Turbo...pretty much the same thing...Just made here in the U S of A and can be reached easily if there is a question. Food for thought.....

So after a bunch of research ... I want a X37 only to find out they aren't for sale anymore. Any suggestions on what the closest option would be?

I'm not looking to go to a really big turbo. I care most about keeping the quick spooling boost and aiming for ~250whp kinda range.
I asked the exact same thing on this thread and got similar feedback
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/250whp-on-93oct-target-x47r-or-atp-2554r.22435/

Anyone know what an x37 with turbosmart wastegate (14psi spring), gf+ diverter valve, and pumaspeed air inlet (metal) is worth?

20k on turbocharger
10k on other parts

not sending in a core to pumaspeed and ordering new through them with all add ons would be about $1400 USD shipped according to their site, what would a realistic price be in the classifieds??