Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PVC OCC leaking?

Recently installed a Radium PVC OCC, I noticed immediately a hissing which was just a untightened section. Tightened it and the hissing went away.
ever since though I’ve noticed my idle wavers slightly when it should be steady- is it possibly due to the OCC creating a vacuum leak? Has anyone ever dealt with this?

OP
Roboticrocket
Thread Starter #7
There shouldn't be a leak there. It is up to you what you do about the leak.
Think I’m going to part it out at this point.
Get a Damond OCC. No leaks and catches lots of oil, had mine for 8 years.
I could and I might, I’ll monitor the radium and see if I see any residue. Maybe I’ll pit some clamps and sealant on it. I’d hate to have to part with a 200 dollar piece of equipment so quick.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Think I’m going to part it out at this point.

I could and I might, I’ll monitor the radium and see if I see any residue. Maybe I’ll pit some clamps and sealant on it. I’d hate to have to part with a 200 dollar piece of equipment so quick.
Many of us, myself included, put a check valve in the OCC line. Not sure if it’d solve your problem, but it almost guarantees the airflow is only going one direction. Is it possible there’s a slice in the hose somewhere?

Check valve I use - 5/8 straight both ends
https://damondmotorsports.com/products/check-valve?variant=1919244164

OP
Roboticrocket
Thread Starter #9
Many of us, myself included, put a check valve in the OCC line. Not sure if it’d solve your problem, but it almost guarantees the airflow is only going one direction. Is it possible there’s a slice in the hose somewhere?

Check valve I use - 5/8 straight both ends
https://damondmotorsports.com/products/check-valve?variant=1919244164
No, the connections seem solid and my hoses are in good condition. I’ll buy the check valve and install it, maybe that’ll fix the issue.

OP
Roboticrocket
Thread Starter #11
Hope it does! Let us know. I have the same OCC, btw and it’s totally leak free.
I rechecked all connections and I haven’t seen any oily residue from leaking gases. I might do a smoke test just to be sure. Does anyone know whether it is possible to check the PVC via the accessport?