Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

pwnall1337's Fiesta ST #2 Build Thread

pwnall1337

Vendor
pwnall1337's Fiesta ST #2 GTX2860R Build Thread

This will be my build thread for my 2nd FiST. Code name Green Machine.

First round of mods will be cobb stage 3. The second round of mods will be wheels. The third rouns will be the GTX bolt on and AEM water meth. This project will be completed in 3 months from this date, starting with cobb stage 3 in 3 weeks after I put some break in miles on the engine.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Congratulations!

me32

1000 Post Club
Like the color. Like the fact you got the red calipers an darker rims

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #8
So thanks to the help of [MENTION=348]ModBargains[/MENTION], Stage 3 has been ordered. It appears the intercooler and downpipe are on back order so I won't have all the parts until the end of the month. After I get the parts installed at JMS, I'm going to ask them to do a run on the 93 OTS Stage 3 Map and a run on the protune map so we can see what differences a protune can do.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
So thanks to the help of [MENTION=348]ModBargains[/MENTION], Stage 3 has been ordered. It appears the intercooler and downpipe are on back order so I won't have all the parts until the end of the month. After I get the parts installed at JMS, I'm going to ask them to do a run on the 93 OTS Stage 3 Map and a run on the protune map so we can see what differences a protune can do.
Looking forward to this new build.[clap]

[twothumb] Weeee!

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #12
I took off of work Monday to go to the UPS store and get my cobb stage 3. Everything except the exhaust/intercooler. I'll be getting my 400 miles oil change and window tint installed by the dealer. Then I'll try to install my cobb intake assuming I can get my hand back there. Will run with stage 1 map until the rest of my parts get here.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
For the sake of data collection, could you run a few datalogs on OEM parts with stage 1 tune and then some after logs with the stage 1 and intake? There is very little in the scope of third-party intake information.

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #14
For the sake of data collection, could you run a few datalogs on OEM parts with stage 1 tune and then some after logs with the stage 1 and intake? There is very little in the scope of third-party intake information.
Sorry dude, but I'm probably not gonna be doing that. I'm already running low on time tomorrow with all I'm trying to do in one day and it's supposed to rain tonight and for the next 4 days straight. The car is speed density tuned so I doubt the intake will really make a difference until the other bolt ons are put on.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Sorry dude, but I'm probably not gonna be doing that. I'm already running low on time tomorrow with all I'm trying to do in one day and it's supposed to rain tonight and for the next 4 days straight. The car is speed density tuned so I doubt the intake will really make a difference until the other bolt ons are put on.
No worries, that has been my general thought/opinion of intakes up until a member recently dyno'd a gain on one. I petition everyone for data, but I understand it doesn't always fit into people's schedules. Occasionally even I'm also known to have a life, lol. Thanks for the response!

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #16
And the story begins. I can hear some bolts shaking around when I carry the box. I hope there's no pieces missing. Just got my oil changed at 500 miles even. Broke 501 as I left the dealer lot.

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #17
I flaked during install when I couldn't get the intake pipe out so I fled to JMS and got it installed along with the RMM. Now I just need the rest of my parts [MENTION=348]ModBargains[/MENTION] lol :p

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #19
Looking good. How does the car feel
I could feel the intake on the stock tune. I just loaded the 93 OTS stage 1 map so the car is learning and is not as aggressive. Waiting on the tune to fully learn. There is a charity dyno day to raise money to help re open San Antonio Raceway this Saturday and I'll dyno it with the OTS stage 1 map (93 octane), and cobb intake w/RMM. Since the guy who tunes my cars will be going on vacation when my exhaust/intercooler get in, I'll be rocking the stage 3 OTS map and I'm considering jumping straight into the ATP GTX in the first/2nd week of June and just protune from there. I put rims on the back burner just encase I need to go with a wider and stickier tire from the new found 300 whp power levels.

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #20
Still desperately waiting on the cobb TBE and intercooler in which the backorder date was extended (additional 2 weeks), due to "production issues".

I'm hitting up Jurrian [MENTION=348]ModBargains[/MENTION] to see if we can get the turbo kit ordered from ATP and hopefully I'll have all the parts around the same time ready for install.