Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Question about Accessport v3 and buying a car that was already tuned

So I bought a 2017 FiST. Shortly after, maybe two weeks, I bought an accessport. I go to install the accessport and it warns me that there is a previous tune on the ecu that i will lose forever if i proceed. I was also getting 4 codes before I reflashed which i will include pictures of. Three of the codes went away and I believe the only code that remains is "P008A Low Pressure Fuel System Pressure - Too Low."

So anyway, i installed the accessport and i see a screen saying "please wait while the accessport saves the factory ECU data..." My question is, is the accessport actually saving the factory ecu data from some sort of factory restore partition of the ecu or is it saving a copy of the map that i started with before i installed the accessport?

I have a 2 year warranty that I negotiated into the cost of the car, is this going to effect my powertrain warranty if i'm not able to reflash to stock before any service? I dont plan on doing any bolt-ons in the near future, just wanted the accessport as a gauge and a stage 1 tune. any help would be greatly appriciated!

20231003_152039.jpg 20231003_152046.jpg 20231003_152051.jpg 20231003_152056.jpg 20231003_202346.jpg

Attachments

Dialcaliper

While I can’t chime in about the tune that’s on the car, I can add a couple maybe useful things.

First, you can simply download the latest Stage 1 and 2 Cobb tunes from their website. More importantly, download the “Stage 0” tune from Cobb, which how the AP handles the reflash back to stock. These can be installed on any car and loaded on any Accessport.

If there are “locked” tunes on the Accessport (not the car), you can copy them to a computer and reuse them as long as they were made for your car.

Even if there’s a custom flash tune on the car, you can buy “off the shelf” flash tunes from places like Dizzy and Stratified for relatively cheap ($75-100), so it’s not a huge loss, and unless you upgrade the turbo, there’s not much to be gained by customizing the tune (your tuner might find 5-10hp at best). The popular “Stage 2” flash tunes are pretty dialed in for a stock turbo/bolt-on car already.

My advice is download the Stage 0 so you can flash back to stock, and either run the Cobb stage 1 (free) or go buy a Stage 1 flash tune of your choice. If upgrading the intercooler is in your time and budget, go for Stage 2. The intercooler is really the only upgrade on the car that makes a meaningful difference to enable using more aggressive tune. The rest is mostly for fun/noise, and maybe incremental improvements that don’t really affect or depend on the tune.