Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Question about weather tech & Husky mats and window deflector

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Winter is right around the corner and I wanna be prepared this year unlike last. Is the original weathertech site the best place to buy their products or is there a cheaper place to buy?

Im debating weather (Pun Intended lol) to get Weatherech or Husky. Who makes better weather liners for our car?

I have the Husky Liner in my Fiesta and have the Weathertech in my Forester, and I feel that the Husky Liner have a better coverage vs the Weathertech

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Winter is right around the corner and I wanna be prepared this year unlike last. Is the original weathertech site the best place to buy their products or is there a cheaper place to buy?

Im debating weather (Pun Intended lol) to get Weatherech or Husky. Who makes better weather liners for our car?
advanceautoparts.com sells WeatherTech, if you search online you can find coupon codes for Advance Auto Parts.

OP
S

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
advanceautoparts.com sells WeatherTech, if you search online you can find coupon codes for Advance Auto Parts.
Thanks guys
I have the Husky Liner in my Fiesta and have the Weathertech in my Forester, and I feel that the Husky Liner have a better coverage vs the Weathertech

i had weathertechs on my old mazda 2 and bought husky on the FiST
I feel like the weathertechs are a lot more durable and covers more compare to the husky but i haven't gone through winter yet with the husky so hard to say with that i guess.... :p

but weathertech is double the price =P

OP
S

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
I went and ordered the Huskys for $121 from Amazon and the weathertech window deflectors for $92.

I've owned Weathertech in other vehicles, and they were great. This time I chose to try Husky. You have to cut the center hump section out of the rear mat to separate it into two individual mats, but a pair of sharp scissors made this simple (there's a guide line to follow). I've been happy with the Husky's so far; we'll see how they survive the winter. It took me a while to get used to the dead pedal cover, but at least it will prevent salt from getting behind the mat. My previous Weathertechs did not cover the dead pedal and this was one area where messy melty crap did make it down to the carpet.

OP
S

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
Ordered the Huskys, I was gonna return them because of the rear cup holder issue but decided to keep them and cut the rear in half. Gonna do that this weekend when i have time.

Ferg

I bought the Huskys too. I just want to say you DO NOT have to cut the rear into two pieces. If you flip it over and use a razor blade to shave off all the little nubs that hold it in place on the carpet on the center hump section it will slide under the cup holder, with a little effort. It helps to move both seats all the way forward.

OP
S

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
I cut it in half for easier removal access