Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Question for those with downpipes such as Whoosh

How did you mount the original heatshield? Seems like there is a large variance in aftermarket downpipes having mounts in place.

I like the Whoosh DP, but dont see any mount plate/studs for the factory heatshield. Seems like there would be a lot of heat transfer without it in place.

Thanks,
J

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
How did you mount the original heatshield? Seems like there is a large variance in aftermarket downpipes having mounts in place.

I like the Whoosh DP, but dont see any mount plate/studs for the factory heatshield. Seems like there would be a lot of heat transfer without it in place.

Thanks,
J
You should consider wrapping it or getting it coated.

Thanks,
J
There's no provisions on the Whoosh DP, which I just installed last night. Honestly, didn't feel it was worth it even if it did, and if the fittings for it weren't completely corroded away. Cerakote would have been worth it on everything I just installed (DP, manifold, turbo hot side) but I wasn't willing to spend that money and I'm just gonna roll with it for now. But if you're not like me (on a time crunch) and have some money to throw around, just get the DP and get it cerakoted.

I'm wary of heat wraps as they seem to run the risk of soaking up oil and stuff and eventually catching fire, of course regular maintenance mitigates this, but on a tracked daily driver I wasn't all that interested in having to pull it all off every 6-12 months. Cerakoting seems to be about as set and forget as it gets.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Ceramic coating or just don’t worry about it. I haven’t run a heat shield on the downpipe or manifold for years. No problems. I do have the exhaust manifold ceramic coated, but not the downpipe that’s on the car now.