Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Question on Cobb Intake

I bought one second hand and the seller forgot to include the silicone coupler on the back of the intake that..
looks something like this:

1636077319837.png

he also ghosted me after confirming he still had it in his possession. I was wondering if I could replace that with any other silicone tube with some clamps? or would it need to be a cobb one?

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Or just reach out to Cobb to see if they will sell it separately. Tell them your situation and maybe they'll take pity on you if they usually don't sell it separately. I find that honesty works wonders.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
fieSTeban710
Thread Starter #5
see I would contact them but I live in CA and I cannot buy Cobb products brand new due to CARB.

He was not a member on here unfortunately. it was on the FB Marketplace. but thanks for the suggestions. i will look up the measurements and get a hose from a local parts store

thanks guys [thumb]

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
It's not an entire intake just the hose. Besides many of Cobbs products have an EO number now. It's worth a call.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Unless you have the first intake version they sold, current Cobb intakes for the FiST have CARB EO#. Cobb’s customer support has been excellent every time I’ve reached out to them. They just do the right thing for their customers.

OP
fieSTeban710
Thread Starter #8
It's not an entire intake just the hose. Besides many of Cobbs products have an EO number now. It's worth a call.

Unless you have the first intake version they sold, current Cobb intakes for the FiST have CARB EO#. Cobb’s customer support has been excellent every time I’ve reached out to them. They just do the right thing for their customers.
well its worth a try. ill give them a call tomorrow! thank you!

Sorry for being off topic but do you guys know if the cobb intake is 3 inches on the inside or is it like 2.75" on the inside and 3" on the outside? It just says Full 3" Powdercoated Aluminum Tubing on their site.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Sorry for being off topic but do you guys know if the cobb intake is 3 inches on the inside or is it like 2.75" on the inside and 3" on the outside? It just says Full 3" Powdercoated Aluminum Tubing on their site.
Full 3 inch means 3 inch diameter on the inside.

Fiestig

Full 3 inch means 3 inch diameter on the inside.
Unfortunately, companies started quoting diameter by outside diameter in the rotomold applications a few years ago because 3" terminology has a better sales conversion than 2.5". Cobb has been no different in their rotomolded items. The early cobb intake rotomolded is 3" outside and 2.55" inside. Wall is negligible 1/4". The new metal one would be 3" minus wall thickness x 2

Here is the last pic I have when I checked the rotomold intake tubing.
20211104_232201.jpg

Last edited:

Unfortunately, companies started quoting diameter by outside diameter in the rotomold applications a few years ago because 3" terminology has a better sales conversion than 2.5". Cobb has been no different in their rotomolded items. The early cobb intake rotomolded is 3" outside and 2.55" inside. Wall is negligible 1/4". The new metal one would be 3" minus wall thickness x 2

Here is the last pic I have when I checked the rotomold intake tubing.
Awesome. Thank you for the pic!

koozy

3000 Post Club
Sweet. I’m looking at buying their updated intercooler and some other items. It’s probably the most expensive OE replacement intercooler but I don’t mind. I’m willing to support a company like COBB that has proven to be there without issues when I’ve reached out to them. They stand behind the products. Though they don’t state it, I feel like I have lifetime warranty and support with them. I’m also willing to support their efforts to go through the arduous process of getting CARB certs for many of their products. It just makes life easier when trying to be compliant as well as enjoying the joys of modding. Quality parts from a stellar company. You get what you pay for, has been my experience.

Last edited: