Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Question Re: Stock Rims coloured and detailed.

Hi guys,

Just wondering whether i would be better off financially getting the stock rims coloured and detailed or buying a new set of rims for the FiST?

Furthermore what would be the best way to colour the stock rims? (A mate did a home job of spray painting his FoST and i'm not a fan....!)

Thanks in advance!

Nase

Financially speaking you are better off using the stock rims, is that what you want?

In terms of paint, I used automotive paint (black) and clear (with some red and blue pearl) to do my 16 set, I should be able to get it mounted this weekend and will report on the durability of the paint. I just played with different shades until I got tired of it and ended up with 4 rims looking like this:

OP
N
Thread Starter #3
Yeah you can't really beat the stock rims on the FiST.. although the OZ RACING ALLEGGERITA HLT look crisp!

Wow.. they have come up a treat! Definitely let me know how they go over the next couple weeks/ months.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
The only problem with painting your wheels is durability. If you have them professionally painted you're probably close to the cost of a set of wheels anyways, though obviously that's dependent on what the shop charges and the type/style of wheel that you would want.

I've seen a lot of people want to save money and do the painting themselves, and a large majority of them don't last very long before they start chipping. If you go the spray route, make sure you follow up with quite a few coats of clear as wheels probably take as much or more abuse than the nose of the car.

OP
N
Thread Starter #5
Thanks for the info mate!

So would you say powder coating is the way to go for the stock rims?

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Powder coating is definitely more durable, though it obviously comes at a price (literally). Each different coating has its pros and cons, so they key is to figure out what best suits your needs based on what shops you have access to, and compare that to wheels you're possibly interested in.