Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Question: What 200TW Track Day Tire Should I get for a 17 inch Wheel?

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Do the RT615k+ need to be heat cycled also?
Not really. That’s one of the reasons I love them. I usually drive them on the street (or a 7/10ths first session) to scrub them in then they’re good to go.

OP
E
Thread Starter #82
Update: I finally got around to doing another track weekend with the FiST on these tires. I did two days where the first one amounted to unlearning all the bad habits I picked up a month earlier while driving a different car with double the HP. The second day I was finally getting things sorted out and was getting my fastest lap times and doing it consistently.

The bad...it was a hot day and the car suffered. Temps toppped out at 102 in the afternoon and the car was down on power. No overheating even with the stock radiator but it was just a dog when on the straights and getting into elevation.

Worse...my 1.9 degrees of camber front and whatever stock is in the rear was definitely not enough. The outsides of the drivers side tires are pretty trashed and I've got maybe one more day left in the tires. But that was expected so no worries. It was a trade off because I didn't want a more aggressive just for a couple track days over the summer, especially when I'll probably going back to the stock suspension in a few months.

Overall the tires worked great for dipping my toes into the 200TW category. I don't have anythign to compare them to but I will say I liked how they were consistent throughout my sessions. After a lap and a half to get up to temp they stayed predictable even after as many as 14 laps in a session in 100 degree heat.

Here's the obligatory fastest lap video. Over 2 seconds faster just with the tires and that's compared to a 55 degree day when the car had a lot more power. I'm still learning the track so there's plenty of room for improvement...

View: https://youtu.be/kMOtLn3hbBQ

Man ORP is such a fun track.... Its good to hear that even in that heat you didnt overheat the car. Struggling with overheating at AX, I have shy'ed away from track day in the FiST for fear it would be pointless.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Off come the Firestones indy 500s....on go the RT615K+'S.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ronmcdon

I think the new continental tires that were co-developed with hoosier are the go to endurance / track day lapping tire. Worth checking out as a replacement for your RT615k+
thanks for mentioning that as I had no idea there was that option.

sadly cant get them in 16s but there seems to be good 15 and 17in sizes.

Magnetic

Update: I finally got around to doing another track weekend with the FiST on these tires. I did two days where the first one amounted to unlearning all the bad habits I picked up a month earlier while driving a different car with double the HP. The second day I was finally getting things sorted out and was getting my fastest lap times and doing it consistently.

The bad...it was a hot day and the car suffered. Temps toppped out at 102 in the afternoon and the car was down on power. No overheating even with the stock radiator but it was just a dog when on the straights and getting into elevation.

Worse...my 1.9 degrees of camber front and whatever stock is in the rear was definitely not enough. The outsides of the drivers side tires are pretty trashed and I've got maybe one more day left in the tires. But that was expected so no worries. It was a trade off because I didn't want a more aggressive just for a couple track days over the summer, especially when I'll probably going back to the stock suspension in a few months.

Overall the tires worked great for dipping my toes into the 200TW category. I don't have anythign to compare them to but I will say I liked how they were consistent throughout my sessions. After a lap and a half to get up to temp they stayed predictable even after as many as 14 laps in a session in 100 degree heat.

Here's the obligatory fastest lap video. Over 2 seconds faster just with the tires and that's compared to a 55 degree day when the car had a lot more power. I'm still learning the track so there's plenty of room for improvement...

View: https://youtu.be/kMOtLn3hbBQ
What device were you using that gives you the g-froces? I've been looking for 1 so I could test suspension upgrades.

CSM

1000 Post Club
Following up on this.

I was at SCCA Solo Nationals last week and ran into one of the Continental Tire Engineers. There is indeed a 200TW version of the Extreme Contact Force intended for autocross coming out, probably 2023. It is currently in development. They are doing the best to make it the be all end all 200TW tire for autocross use.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I’m pretty pumped to try the 225 Force next season. If it’s as consistent and durable as the RT615K+ (but faster) it’ll be worth the extra cash.

Last edited: