Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Questions about Dizzy Tune

I am sorry in advance if this was already answered in the forum, I couldn't find it...

I'm currently running OTS 91 with the Cobb AP and I would like to buy a Stage 1 91oct flash tune from Dizzy. My questions are:

1) Website suggests "1 step colder spark plugs" .. am I able to run with the stock spark plugs or do I need to upgrade?

2) My ST is my daily driver and I want to keep it as reliable as possible, is a dizzy tune safe? should I stick to Cobb OTS?

3) Obviously one of the main reasons I want the tune is for the pops/crackle, The website offers both "DizzyPop" and 'DizzyBurb". anyone know which one would be best? I'm running 3'' MBRP catback.

4) If I were to get one of the pop/burble tunes, is it possible to "turn it off" or is it always going to be active? I'm kind of new to the whole map file thing so I dont know how that would work.

Sorry for the spam questions, I'm just want to make sure my car wont blow up :D

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I am sorry in advance if this was already answered in the forum, I couldn't find it...

I'm currently running OTS 91 with the Cobb AP and I would like to buy a Stage 1 91oct flash tune from Dizzy. My questions are:

1) Website suggests "1 step colder spark plugs" .. am I able to run with the stock spark plugs or do I need to upgrade?

2) My ST is my daily driver and I want to keep it as reliable as possible, is a dizzy tune safe? should I stick to Cobb OTS?

3) Obviously one of the main reasons I want the tune is for the pops/crackle, The website offers both "DizzyPop" and 'DizzyBurb". anyone know which one would be best? I'm running 3'' MBRP catback.

4) If I were to get one of the pop/burble tunes, is it possible to "turn it off" or is it always going to be active? I'm kind of new to the whole map file thing so I dont know how that would work.

Sorry for the spam questions, I'm just want to make sure my car wont blow up :D
Most tuners Recommend a step colder plugs due to help dissipate heat away from the combustion chamber due to running higher boost than stock. I had a Stratified flash tune with snap crackle pop option with Stock plugs and it ran just fine. There is no option to really Just turn it off as its written into the tune file. But you can get another file with the same data without it and just have to reflash the tune if you want to turn it off. I have dealt with Jason and he is a very pleasant individual and very easy to reach with any question. With the Burbbles and Dizzy pops I would get both if possible due my Child like nature of scaring pedestrians and small pets. That and they know when I'm coming down the block. Either way whatever you choose you will love. I Recommend getting the E30 tune option though and doing the 1 step colder plugs. You will never look back if you do...Trust me.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
ZachRacing
Thread Starter #3
Most tuners Recommend a step colder plugs due to help dissipate heat away from the combustion chamber due to running higher boost than stock. I had a Stratified flash tune with snap crackle pop option with Stock plugs and it ran just fine. There is no option to really Just turn it off as its written into the tune file. But you can get another file with the same data without it and just have to reflash the tune if you want to turn it off. I have dealt with Jason and he is a very pleasant individual and very easy to reach with any question. With the Burbbles and Dizzy pops I would get both if possible due my Child like nature of scaring pedestrians and small pets. That and they know when I'm coming down the block. Either way whatever you choose you will love. I Recommend getting the E30 tune option though and doing the 1 step colder plugs. You will never look back if you do...Trust me.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply! I would love to go for E30 but here in Quebec I don't think we have those pumps. and I'm too lazy anyways :p
As for the tune file, is there a quick way of changing the map or do I have to re-flash and wait the 5-10 minute upload every time I want to go back to "no pops". I remember seeing a video on how to change maps on the fly using the cruise control buttons or something. Would that work for swapping the tune from Pops to No Pops?

Finally , changed plugs ( Dizzy Pre Gap ) and was wondering will tune compensate for it or do I have to do anything ?

Jason@dizzytuning thanks for looking into that “ delay “ with them ... I guess you scared the post office ! ....installed and car pulls like a train ... guessing it will continue to level out even more as I put more “ break in “ miles on plugs . Definitely noticeable torque upgrade !