Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

racechip

Hey guys I bought myself a racechip ultimate that for my st 1.6 ecoboost but dont really notice a huge difference. On specs they said it pushes it up to around 152kw??? Any one els tried this before?

CanadianST

I haven't tried it but have been always told to stay away from "chips". Also looking at their site they're claiming their most expensive one (over $500) will give you 230 hp and 255 ft-lbs on just a tune, i find that hard to believe. The ft-lbs number isn't too far off reality but i'm currently running a COBB stage 3 with supporting mods and am only doing around 220hp at the wheels, perhaps they're listing flywheel numbers?

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Hey guys I bought myself a racechip ultimate that for my st 1.6 ecoboost but dont really notice a huge difference. On specs they said it pushes it up to around 152kw??? Any one els tried this before?
You probably should have researched here before buying the chip. I personally have never heard of racechip ultimate. Who did you buy it from and how much did you pay of you don't mind me asking. I personally haven't used a "chip" since the late nineties.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I'm betting being in South Africa they have limited tuning options as of yet and they may be rather pricey of what they do have.. maybe someone local can chime in..
Anyway Glad you found us JoJo

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Doesn't Finsport or Revo offer tuning support for SA Fiesta STs?

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Do you plan on putting the car on a dyno? Would love to see some real world numbers.

OP
J
Thread Starter #10
Thanks for the reply guys. Well i had one in my BMW 320d and made a huge difference, i would recommend it for all, but dont really veel anything on st. Maybe iets meant for diesels. In SA is quite allot of mods that can be done but they turn out very pricy. Ill find dyno to run it on before i get rid of it. Wish COBB could make theirs work on the SA Ford Fiesta st i would like.

OP
J
Thread Starter #11
Thanx hvlia
I will def have a look at that. But as im more of a petrol head and not too clued up with computers would it be a easy install?

I think it was easy, if you know how to post on this forum i think you be ok:)
If you need help with it just ask.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TalkToTheFiST Performance Tuning 232