Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ramps?

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
What ramps are you using? I tried a set of the smallest RhinoRamps to find that they are at least 2" too tall or 4" too short for my ~ 1" lowered FiST. Please don't tell me that I've got to drop $150 on a set of Race Ramps...

that or go to grab some wood and cut ramp adapters.....? I would buy race ramps if i decided to drop my car tho.

just to be clear, i would buy 2 piece of 4" wide, 1" tall, and maybe 1ft long plank and align it with my ramps and wheels to get on the ramp. if you feel it should be more "secure" you can also run some screws through the planks to the ramp.

I've used planks to get lowered cars onto alignment racks plenty of times and feel this can be a solution for you.

I just built a set out of stacked 2" x 12" boards, each level about 8-10" shorter than the previous and bevel cut with a 45 degree angle on the front edge. 1" x 2" stop on the top back, some long deck screws and you are set.

ASCII diagram, heh

[_]__________
_____________\________
______________________\________
_______________________________\________
________________________________________\

What ramps are you using? I tried a set of the smallest RhinoRamps to find that they are at least 2" too tall or 4" too short for my ~ 1" lowered FiST. Please don't tell me that I've got to drop $150 on a set of Race Ramps...
By any chance, do you have a link to the RhinoRamps that you were leveraging? I'm seeing two different versions, and I'm curious whether or not what you're experiencing is applicable to any of the RhinoRamps available out there.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I just built a set out of stacked 2" x 12" boards, each level about 8-10" shorter than the previous and bevel cut with a 45 degree angle on the front edge. 1" x 2" stop on the top back, some long deck screws and you are set.

ASCII diagram, heh

[_]__________
_____________\________
______________________\________
_______________________________\________
________________________________________\
Where did I see this... [video=youtube;-JKndoat9qU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=-JKndoat9qU[/video]

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I'm dropped about an inch and use harbor freight ramps with no issue. they do touch the front bumper a bit but I just give them a gentle push until they touch the tires.

http://m.harborfreight.com/magnum-16000-auto-ramp-set-with-built-in-safety-chock-67722.html
Another option is start with the spare jack then use the floor jack. Just remember to do the reverse. Pro tip add antiseize to the spare jack thread and "wing" bolt holding in the boot for easy use.

OP
J

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #8
By any chance, do you have a link to the RhinoRamps that you were leveraging? I'm seeing two different versions, and I'm curious whether or not what you're experiencing is applicable to any of the RhinoRamps available out there.
Pep Boys had two versions - I bought the lighter duty of the two.