Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rattling Noise Under the Hood... Fixed!

While driving home one quiet night (meaning I had none of my favorite classical music playing), I'd noticed that there was some subtle rattling noise going on every time my beloved Fiesta went over even the smallest bumps on the road.

As I listened to it intently, I'd concluded that it was the hood prop tapping up against the plastic cover it lays across.

Long story short, I was correct.

Fast forward a week or two, I'd accidentally discovered the notch that secures the hood prop in conjunction with the primary yellow clip; I've highlighted it in the photo.

Silly little discovery, yes... but perhaps this isn't widely known.

Attachments

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Same issue just surfaced on mine. Foam tape for the win. Old thread I know.

for anyone having this same issue, i just discovered yesterday that the black insulation on the hood has 4 small tabs towards the rear of the car that slide into slots in the hood; these were causing a rattle at idle. Wrapped them in some sticky felt and reinserted them into the hood, annoying rattle gone!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
for anyone having this same issue, i just discovered yesterday that the black insulation on the hood has 4 small tabs towards the rear of the car that slide into slots in the hood; these were causing a rattle at idle. Wrapped them in some sticky felt and reinserted them into the hood, annoying rattle gone!
Pics of part with issues for the people*

My lower windshield cowl pops out of place and rattles, been doing it almost since the car was new. I've tried pulling it off and cleaning it thoroughly, didn't help. Tried preloading the spring clips that hold it on as much as possible to increase the holding pressure, didn't help. Tried using some high strength PSA tape on the tabs, worked for a couple weeks then back to rattling. Now I just press it back in every few days. Thought about buying a new one but if ends up doing the same thing I might end up punching a hole through the windshield.

Pics of part with issues for the people*
I wrapped some sticky felt for furniture feet I had laying around. Higher heat resistance felt, fills the gaps so the plastic tabs don’t rattle.

Attachments