Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rattling noise

So when I’m driving fast and my rpms are above 3k I hear a rattling noise coming from the front right side of the car. Not sure if this is the turbo making the noise or what? Can someone help me out what’s going on and why it’s making that noise? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Check the engine mount on that side. Also suspension components for wear. A bad endlink on one side will sound horrid but be a cheap fix for example.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just a noise? Nothing vibrates? No weird bumping or feeling at the wheel or in the drivetrain?
If the turbo made a rattling noise, it would have blown up a second later. Your turbo is fine. They last as long as the engine with proper maintenance.

Last edited:
OP
Bluelv702
Thread Starter #4
Check the engine mount on that side. Also suspension components for wear. A bad endlink on one side will sound horrid but be a cheap fix for example.
Yeah there’s a jerking when I shift at times where I can feel it

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yeah there’s a jerking when I shift at times where I can feel it

This is likely a separate issue, but the FiST has the same rear motor mount (RMM) as the base Fiesta. It is way too soft for spirited driving because the engine makes a lot more power than a regular Fiesta. You have to give it a split second to line up between shifts.
Replacing that inadequate piece is mandatory, if you want to shift this car in a spirited manner without hurting it.

OP
Bluelv702
Thread Starter #7
This is likely a separate issue, but the FiST has the same rear motor mount (RMM) as the base Fiesta. It is way too soft for spirited driving because the engine makes a lot more power than a regular Fiesta. You have to give it a split second to line up between shifts.
Replacing that inadequate piece is mandatory, if you want to shift this car in a spirited manner without hurting it.
Yeah I was thinking of changing the mounts to get them solid. But the noise I heard sounds like a blade spinning n grinding but also sounds rattling. Ima try to see if I can record it.

OP
Bluelv702
Thread Starter #10
My psmm rattled and made noise without shaking the car. It just wore itself out.
The car doesn’t shake when the noise is being made. No vibration no shaking just something spinning n grinding when accelerating over 3k rpms. I thought it might of been the turbo but I’m new with the turbo thing so I don’t know anything about turbo. First car I got with turbo.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
How many miles? Could be the tensioner and idler for the serpentine belt. A bearing might have gone in the pulleys.