Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rear engine mount, which one?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I run COBB RMM and Powerflex blacks Front Upper and Trans

Car shakes like a V8 lol
Definitely from the black race upper inserts, the Cobb RMM is pretty tame, I got too much wheel hop still trying to drag with that and street inserts. Since I don't want to go to black race upper inserts, I'm gonna have to go with a stiffer RMM, which I have but is *too* intense, still looking for that happy medium, hehe...

OP
METZGER
Thread Starter #24
Shouldn't you have soft rubber hoses coming off your coolant tank so that you can simply pop it up and set it aside? Early FiST's here in the states were recalled because the hard plastic lines can get brittle and break causing a low coolant/overheating condition that also didn't have a proper sensor to warn us and could cause a fire (hence the actual recall part for safety here). The recall includes converting to flexible rubber lines, adding a proper overheating sensor and a new lower temp 82c thermostat, this was on '14 to early '15 ones here.

As far as the passenger side insert, the stock O ring is crappy; thin and weak, and the bolt for it often breaks, so I did the upgraded bolt at the same time I added my pineapple slice.
I still have that crappy hard plastic coolant line running across the front and around by the battery.. the rubber elbow that joins it to the metal tube at the back of the engine burst one day and I was repairing it myself and that black hard plastic snaps super easy..

I need a flexible replacement asap but can't find it online.. and Ford sells the same crappy part.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I still have that crappy hard plastic coolant line running across the front and around by the battery.. the rubber elbow that joins it to the metal tube at the back of the engine burst one day and I was repairing it myself and that black hard plastic snaps super easy..

I need a flexible replacement asap but can't find it online.. and Ford sells the same crappy part.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk
That's crazy that they don't offer the newer rubber lines out there! Last time I checked it gets hot Down Under as well, wow!