Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rear Window Defroster Issue With 2014 Ford Fiesta ST - Resolved

The bottom grid line on the rear window defroster of my 2014 Ford Fiesta ST is broken and deformed. I just noticed this the other day so it must have occurred very recently. My rear window was tinted 6 years ago when I purchased the car.

What is the best option for fixing this? Can it be repaired or replaced and what type of cost should I expect for this type of repair?

Thanks.

Gord

P1010861.JPG

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Permatex makes a Grid fix kit that can be bought at a lot of major Auto retailer carry it. It's a current reactive adhesive. P# 09117

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
G
Thread Starter #3
After speaking with an auto glass expert I have discovered that this wavy line on the rear window heater is normal on a 2014 Ford Fiesta ST and the rear wiper actually dissects this wavy line when at rest. The purpose of the wavy line is to remove ice from the rear wiper when the rear window heater is turned on.

I found this photo of a Fiesta rear window which shows the wavy line as well. I appreciate the response, but please disregard my prior post as the wavy line is completely normal.

Gord Ford_Fiesta_ST_Rear_Window.jpg

OP
G
Thread Starter #5
There is no break in the defroster. It was my mistake. I thought that the wavy lines were a break in the defroster, but they are not and that is a normal condition.