Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Recommendation for Making my FiST Stage III

I'm pretty sure cobb stage 3 includes the downpipe. The big dhm race intercooler is probably overkill for stage 3 but if you plan on BT in the future it would be a good choice.
The stock turbo is tiny and that means it heats the air a lot, there is no such thing as an overkill intercooler for the Fiesta ST.

The stock turbo is tiny and that means it heats the air a lot, there is no such thing as an overkill intercooler for the Fiesta ST.
You could get the dhm stock fit IC for cheaper and be just fine on stage 3 or custom tune with the stock turbo.

Isn't this thread supposed to be about if you can run cobb stage 3 tunes with parts other than the cobb parts? We got seriously off topic...no where did he ask about BT or Custom Tunes, and I thought the original point was to save money buying different parts than Cobb...the DHM racing intercooler and crash bar costs more than. The cobb intercooler...

OP
K
Thread Starter #44
You could get the dhm stock fit IC for cheaper and be just fine on stage 3 or custom tune with the stock turbo.

Isn't this thread supposed to be about if you can run cobb stage 3 tunes with parts other than the cobb parts? We got seriously off topic...no where did he ask about BT or Custom Tunes, and I thought the original point was to save money buying different parts than Cobb...the DHM racing intercooler and crash bar costs more than. The cobb intercooler...
You are correct! Lol. All I wanted to know is how I can save a little money by making my car Stage 3. I'm not going BT! Damn! How many times do I have to say that? Haha

Would you rather be "Stage III" (emphasize the quotation marks) or just make power?

A traditional stage three includes a downpipe but the benefits of a downpipe are not huge. It also requires a tune that ignores one of the O2 sensors.

You will probably make more power with a DHM race intercooler, hot side charge pipe and a good pro tune than a grab bag and an OTS tune.

If you go that route and want more, you can get a downpipe later, upgrade to a Cyborg or big turbo and the only thing you might wind up not using is the charge pipe if your big turbo uses a different one.

Buy once cry once is a term I really like. If you avoid stuff that is just window dressing and spend on performance and quality, the crying isn't so bad.

OP
K
Thread Starter #46
Would you rather be "Stage III" (emphasize the quotation marks) or just make power?

A traditional stage three includes a downpipe but the benefits of a downpipe are not huge. It also requires a tune that ignores one of the O2 sensors.

You will probably make more power with a DHM race intercooler, hot side charge pipe and a good pro tune than a grab bag and an OTS tune.

If you go that route and want more, you can get a downpipe later, upgrade to a Cyborg or big turbo and the only thing you might wind up not using is the charge pipe if your big turbo uses a different one.

Buy once cry once is a term I really like. If you avoid stuff that is just window dressing and spend on performance and quality, the crying isn't so bad.
I'd rather be Stage 3. That's what I originally asked for.

jeff

2000 Post Club
You are correct! Lol. All I wanted to know is how I can save a little money by making my car Stage 3. I'm not going BT! Damn! How many times do I have to say that? Haha
In my short time here I've speculated that this forum tends to be dominated by about 20 people who want big power. Let me welcome you to the 'stage 3 is enough club' and say there's room for you here too.

You're still running the cobb stage 3 tune...I don't care how many quotations you put around it...lol. If it runs the tune, it runs the tune...The DHM race intercooler goes above and beyond but isn't really nessesary unless you plan on putting up big numbers. I don't disagree that the good E-Tune will put out more power, that's a given. You can go stage 3 and always do the pro tune later, either way you have to buy the parts and they are mostly the same, minus the DP in your list of course. It turns off the downstream O2 sensor, it has no effect on how the car runs, they just do that so it doesn't trip the CEL. Even with a pro tune and aftermarket dp you'll still want that off to avoid a CEL.This is all still off topic...lol...but everyone has their opinion.

I'm running stage 3 right now and plan on a pro-tune in the very near future. Either with a local tuner on a dyno or E-Tune with tune+.

OP
K
Thread Starter #50
In my short time here I've speculated that this forum tends to be dominated by about 20 people who want big power. Let me welcome you to the 'stage 3 is enough club' and say there's room for you here too.
Thanks man. I'm a grown ass man and I don't have time to deal with children like Wimp Lo who spend their time masturbating and playing Call of Duty in their mom's basement. I guess asking for people's advice on this forum is not a good idea.

I think you got some good info sprinkled in. You don't have to make a bazillion HP to have fun in these cars, stock is pretty fun already, a few small tweaks and its a blast.

twolf

I'll add a different point of view, but I doubt you'll listen since you apparently know more than everyone here... which makes me wonder why you even asked?

Buy a DHM race intercooler and crash bar. I guarantee you, one of three things will happen:
1. you'll love it, and you'll keep the car forever
2. you'll love it, and decide at some point you want to go big turbo. Great! you can keep the IC you already have. Can't say that for any other IC...
3. you'll love it, but decide you want to sell the car. at this point, you can take the DHM IC off, sell it (it should hold value better than any other IC since, you know, it's the best one), then put the stock one back on the car and sell it.

Then get a stage 3 tune. Optional: buy a downpipe from 2j racing for $200. BAM! $1100 stage 3! And if you decide to go big turbo, you don't have to deal with selling shit and wasting more money. GG have fun.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thanks man. I'm a grown ass man and I don't have time to deal with children like Wimp Lo who spend their time masturbating and playing Call of Duty in their mom's basement. I guess asking for people's advice on this forum is not a good idea.
Keep asking. I found early on (only been here 2 months) that some of my early-on questions or conversations that defied the bandwagons (e.g. I proposed actually going with an aftermarket down pipe WITH a cat) were shut down....but you can't throw the baby out with the bathwater, there are plenty of awesome folks here and lots of good info. Do your build, stay in the conversation, I'll have my car for years and plan to be here for years learning and making friends and we need all types to join in.

OP
K
Thread Starter #55
I'll add a different point of view, but I doubt you'll listen since you apparently know more than everyone here... which makes me wonder why you even asked?

Buy a DHM race intercooler and crash bar. I guarantee you, one of three things will happen:
2. you'll love it, and decide at some point you want to go big turbo. Great! you can keep the IC you already have. Can't say that for any other IC...
3. you'll love it, but decide you want to sell the car. at this point, you can take the DHM IC off, sell it (it should hold value better than any other IC since, you know, it's the best one), then put the stock one back on the car and sell it.

Then get a stage 3 tune. Optional: buy a downpipe from 2j racing for $200. BAM! $1100 stage 3! And if you decide to go big turbo, you don't have to deal with selling shit and wasting more money. GG have fun.
No where did I say I know everything. Nor do I feel like I gave that impression. Not once did I disagree with anyone's advice or question their knowledge on here so I have no idea where you're coming from.

jeff

2000 Post Club

I'm gonna venture and say that the OP is in the same boat as me - researched, bought the car, knew before buying it what power level he wanted, probably had cars with way more power before but simply decided that for what it is a "stage 3" Fiesta ST was going to be enough. So the big turbo arguments are kinda lame when he wasn't asking about that from the start. He doesn't come across as knowing more than everyone else.....I didn't get that at all.

I don't think it's a good idea to shut others down because they don't agree, especially when they're new to the forum. In my first weeks here I proposed on the down pipe thread that maybe we should keep a cat in our aftermarket down pipes...and the response was pretty childish and even rude...how about some Fiesta love, let's keep the doors open eh?

You should really try to get a clue.

I don't care if you don't want a big turbo or if you just want to get a little more power. I'm not going to tell you to buy crap parts like an Ingen "cold air" intake or a generic intercooler.

If you want to be cheap, get an Accessport and a panel filter and be happy, the next steps are small and expensive or big and more expensive. I'm just telling you how to maximize your investment and avoid dead ends.

OP
K
Thread Starter #58

Does the DHM require a cutting or altering anything?

OP
K
Thread Starter #60
You should really try to get a clue.

I don't care if you don't want a big turbo or if you just want to get a little more power. I'm not going to tell you to buy crap parts like an Ingen "cold air" intake or a generic intercooler.

If you want to be cheap, get an Accessport and a panel filter and be happy, the next steps are small and expensive or big and more expensive. I'm just telling you how to maximize your investment and avoid dead ends.
I understand that and appreciate it and I will consider it but I wasn't even any of the people arguing with you and you came at me with a rude comment. I was just sitting back reading and researching what everyone has to say.