Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Reminder - Check your catch cans

wbw

With the colder temps (at least here in North America) my catch can is filling up real quick. I don't keep track of the dates that I empty it, but it wasn't that long ago. So I checked the dip-stick yesterday and it showed a lot more than usual. Normally with the ADD-1 can if anything shows at all on the stick I empty it because that means there is roughly 3/4 of an inch of stuff in the can. So this morning when I emptied it the thing was dam near full. [unbelieveable] There was some sludge in the bottom also.

So anyway, be sure to check you cans more often now that it's winter.

Didn't know it filled up more quickly in colder weather how many miles do you usually wait to drain I don't have a way to check it

felopr

With the colder temps (at least here in North America) my catch can is filling up real quick. I don't keep track of the dates that I empty it, but it wasn't that long ago. So I checked the dip-stick yesterday and it showed a lot more than usual. Normally with the ADD-1 can if anything shows at all on the stick I empty it because that means there is roughly 3/4 of an inch of stuff in the can. So this morning when I emptied it the thing was dam near full. [unbelieveable] There was some sludge in the bottom also.

So anyway, be sure to check you cans more often now that it's winter.
how did you connect the add-1 can , i have the same one, the inlet goes to pcv and outlet to manifold? thanks

MOFiST

how did you connect the add-1 can , i have the same one, the inlet goes to pcv and outlet to manifold? thanks
Yes that would be how to do it. The PCV check valve will block on boost so it will only flow when in vacuum from the PCV > intake manifold.

OP
W

wbw

Thread Starter #7
I'm the OP. So I emptied mine on Jan 12 as stated in post #1. I emptied it again last weekend (three weeks later) and it had about 3/4 inch in the can. With that ADD1 can, if anything shows at all on the dip-stick then I empty it.

I ran mine from PCV into the can, and out of the can into the manifold.

MOFiST

I'm the OP. So I emptied mine on Jan 12 as stated in post #1. I emptied it again last weekend (three weeks later) and it had about 3/4 inch in the can. With that ADD1 can, if anything shows at all on the dip-stick then I empty it.

I ran mine from PCV into the can, and out of the can into the manifold.
It sounds like in colder climates more blow by is an issue. Do you run ethanol blend fuels btw?

OP
W

wbw

Thread Starter #9
It sounds like in colder climates more blow by is an issue. Do you run ethanol blend fuels btw?
Yes. During our warmest months, the can does not fill nearly as fast. This is my first winter with the can in place and the amount in the can took me by surprise.

I think most of our fuels have some ethanol. Not all gas pumps are labeled as such though. I avoid it when I can.