Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Replace OEM

Le_Cee

Hello,

I would like to replace the OEM of my car. Indeed, I find the treble of my tweeter much too screaming. I think with another car audio, I could get better result. By cons, is it really possible? And if not, what else can I do?

I show you a picture of my car audio so that you can see yourself

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2019/41/4/1570741939-ford-fiesta-hatchback-petrol-39456434.jpg

PS: I have the Sony car radio as well as the integrated Sony KE.

Thank you in advance.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Hey le_cee, I pulled the radio out in mine, looked up a radio diagram and ran wires from the headunit to an amp in the back, then ran it back to the head unit. Ground went to a hole that was in the frame that I sanded the paint off of behind the trim in the trunk. Power cable I fed from the hole under the fender and cut out a little sliver of the cowl to make the wire and fuse sit flush on the fuse box. Doing this, I was able to give power from the amp to all 4 kicker RS speakers I had in the door. The amp was a crunch and I have no complaints with it, it's been fantastic. This will give your speakers more kick and allow you to amplify the lower frequency.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

OP
L

Le_Cee

Thread Starter #3
Hello,

And you too have the Sony radio with the original speakers? The same as me where a different model? And concerning the backup camera, this is not a problem? Nor with the other options?

Thank you in advance.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
I still have the stock sync 3 headunit installed. You can't change out the headunit without some serious modifications and creativity. The only wires you tap into are for the speakers and I tapped the remote wire. I do not recommend tapping the remote wire for the amp it's very finicky. Instead buy a fuse with the wire on it (can't remember what it's actually called) and place it into an unused 7.5a fuse. I chose the heated seats fuse because I don't have them on the car. Also, speakers are not stock. They are kickers rs speakers. Your not going to tap into the backup camera wire so this should not affect it at all. Just make sure you tap the right wires. The diagram said white but I swear to you, every white wire I had was an off yellow, with that in mind you should be able to figure out which ones are white and which are beige.
Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk