Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Replacement stock calipers

I've done the brakes on my SVT several times and at least once on my focus wagon. I don't have a garage so whenever I do car work I prep it to be as quick and as easy as possible. I'm not interested in trying to rebuild all 4 calipers. A couple bolts to remove the old and a couple bolts to install the new.

I've had great succes with all 3 of my SVT'S and my wagon with Centric semi-loader rebuilt calipers. It took a while to even find the part numbers, but once I did I can't find them in stock anywhere. Anyone had any success with other brands and can share part numbers.

Thanks

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Why do you need to rebuild the calipers I don't understand?
Why are you replacing the calipers?
I have done a ton of brake jobs not trying to be rude but I don't understand anything you are doing.

I'm sorry but nobody does what you are doing unless they have a bad brake caliper not very common I have replaced one in my lifetime. A proper quality brake job is new pads and rotors. The way you are doing it is definitely not faster, because you have to bleed all of the air out of the new calipers.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
svtcanuck
Thread Starter #3
Not rude, valid question. Eveybody has their own way of doing things.

Because calipers wear out. The seal on the piston can fail, the slide pins don't slide, or maybe the piston just won't go back in. All of this I'm not interested in dealing with. New calipers. Done.
I don't want to put in the time and money to replace new pads and rotors to have a caliper malfunction and wreck my brand new brake pads and/or rotors.

SST

I bought a few calipers from Rockauto for my other's car before, but from a Canadian Shopping perspective, try amazon, as the shipping from Rockauto may kill the deal.

Ordered complete caliper, bracket, pins,brake line from Rock Auto. Came in two days that would have been 3-4 at dealer.Could not believe how corroded brake line was and frozen pins were on bracket. 44,000 miles and rear brakes are seized up. High maintenance area.

Ordered complete caliper, bracket, pins,brake line from Rock Auto. Came in two days that would have been 3-4 at dealer.Could not believe how corroded brake line was and frozen pins were on bracket. 44,000 miles and rear brakes are seized up. High maintenance area.
I just replaced my pads and rotors all the way around, and my rears are locked up. One of the guide pins was seized and we got it out by using a torch, but once everything was reassembled, it's as if the parking brake is still on even though you can tell from looking at the bracket that it's been released. I'm about to take the rear calipers off and take them over to be rebuilt, because I can't find anyone local who has calipers in stock. I've tried to order from Rock Auto, but something about the coding of their site won't let me complete the purchase. It tries to go to Chase's site for confirmation I think, and can't complete the process. A shame really, because they've got all the parts I'm looking for.