Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Roll bar / Cage

kevinatfms

I ran a HANs Sport II in Large for a little and have now gone to a NecksGen REV which fits me 100x better. One day ill actually wear it in the Fiesta with a proper roll bar, seat and 5 point harness. For now, the head and neck restraint is relegated to road racing duty in our Elantra Champ Car.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
The $1000 Simpson S is the only 3 point compatible HANS on the market and it is made of light weight carbon fiber. The lighter they are, the more expensive. The less expensive models like the Stand 21 are likely made of other composites and quite heavy. The Schroth is extremely heavy. I’ve broken my collar bones many times so I prefer carbon. All will work as intended.
I was wrong about the Stand21 being heavy. I actually just purchased one to replace my large HANS Sport III. The Stand21 is lighter, wider at the neck, uses HANS anchors and it’s MUCH more comfortable on my shoulders. I can’t believe it’s so inexpensive and FIA compliant. Consider the Stand21 if you have a larger neck or jacked up collar bones like mine.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Back on this topic, thankw for bumping it up. I really don't know what to get for a Hans device.
I’m extremely happy with Stand 21. It was less than $400 too. If you’d like to buy my old one I’ll sell it for $200. It’ll need recertification (easy and $35) if you’re gonna race.