Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rusted out seat brackets (250 mile car)

OP
S
Thread Starter #41
Yes sir I think I recognize. That video is hilarious lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S
Thread Starter #42
Update: Ford won't do anything. And I'm too tired to battle them. Their engineering department stated that the seat. Rackets are untreated metal and it is normal.

My dad, also an engineering guy, says to wipe them with oil and this will come out on a cloth.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
That untreated metal is pure BS. did you show them the pic of mine? my rails are painted.

OP
S
Thread Starter #45
I sent them a picture of my gfs focus. But I'll send them your pics too

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I sent them a picture of my gfs focus. But I'll send them your pics too

I would approach this not from there is rust on my parts please address but from why did my parts rust so quickly and if moisture was present what other unforeseen issues I would have in the future with other aspects of the car? Yes you could wipe the surface rust away and it will be fine forever but not knowing if say the cabin filter was soaked with water that may cause future mold is the concern. Maybe have them do at their cost a very thorough interior detailing and replacing for the cabin filter to make sure the car is solid moving forward.

OP
S
Thread Starter #47
Absolutely not for the them do a detailing bit. I do detailing as a hobby ever since I was a kid and now I do it a lot more serious. I machine polished the car before I took the stickers off of it lol. But your point is more then valid.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Absolutely not for the them do a detailing bit. I do detailing as a hobby ever since I was a kid and now I do it a lot more serious. I machine polished the car before I took the stickers off of it lol. But your point is more then valid.

Fair enough but the cabin filter should be looked at. If it got wet that is bad(er) than rust imo.

Mine is painted and free of any rust after 2.5+ years. Something is beyond normal with that car, perhaps it sat out in the rain with the windows or roof open. You should be heavily compensated for all of that and as others have stated, its what you don't see that is even more troublesome.

OP
S
Thread Starter #53
I've spent a bit of time under there and it isn't as bad as my initial freak out was. The silver material is not paint on these brackets but rather an ultra thin coating similar to the electronically induced coatings found on many undercarriages. Example my fox mustang is e coated the primed.

A rag with wd40 rid of this rust and exposed the clean metal underneath. I'll be taking the seats out just to make sure.