Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rusted out seat brackets (250 mile car)

Picked up the car 5 days ago. Love it. Except today I find my seat brackets look like they came off the titanic.

That's the bolt that you can see while seated in the drivers seat right between the pass seat and cup holders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
These things ARE built in a semi-tropical environment, but that looks like some big time moisture somehow got into the interior. [dunno] [:(]

Are those the base seats, or the Recaros??

damn... all that paint correction later :( (I am on the car shining forum ;))

I actually never looked at mine either... that sucks, maybe talk to the dealer?

Now I have to go check my car when I get home.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Even more motivation yet for me to get the Status Spas I want in this car.

The problem is saving up for them, since two of them are roughly ~$400.00 more than the Recaro option, including the Planted base mounts (but SOOO MUCH sweeter!!!). [:(]

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Did you get a cloth fabric protection spray done to the inside? Some types have caused this issue if oversprayed and not dried properly.

OP
S
Thread Starter #7
Nope. It's funny bc the inside of my glass also has water marks which is odd. It's like someone left it in a monsoon

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Nope. It's funny bc the inside of my glass also has water marks which is odd. It's like someone left it in a monsoon

Flood damage car open sunroof? Check inside the center console (if flood water marks would be in there) and under the dash check if where the carpet ends the carpet is discoloured or other signs of rust.

OP
S
Thread Starter #9

OP
S
Thread Starter #10
Well wouldn't the seats be right effed? Also, I got the car with all the paper tags still on the seat which proved to be mint.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'm wondering if one of the factory testers left one of the windows just a slight crack open (by oversight), and some rain blew into the interior during the rail car trip/final trailer truck trip to you.[???:)]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Where are the factory Recaros actually assembled??

Maybe some water got into the container yours were shipped in to the factory, IF that's how they get there??

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It almost seems like it was super extra humid on the day/during the week that they built your car.

Maybe a dying hurricane, or a strong tropical front with 110% humidity blew through Cuautitlan right at that time? [:(]

OP
S
Thread Starter #17
It seems like I'll be driving this car in the nearest propane tank because right now....I have no clue wtf to do.

OP
S
Thread Starter #19
If someone could post pics of their under seats that would be great. I'll use this as ammo with Ford.