Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

S242 Turbo - Works With Factory Intake or Not?

Hey, guys/gals, I just recently purchased a used s242 turbo (predecessor of the s280) and it looks to come with a similar or the exact same inlet coupler as the s280. It's a 62mm coupler. So for anyone who has run an s242/s280, will that coupler properly connect to the factory intake, or is getting an aftermarket crossover pipe a necessary purchase? Thanks.

Se7eN

Yes, yes it does. The coupler does fit and it's a bit of work. I installed a S280 with the stock cross over. All I can say is make sure that the coupler has the clamps in place on the turbo side before you put in the stock and use some wd40 for lube.

OP
J
Thread Starter #3
Yes, yes it does. The coupler does fit and it's a bit of work. I installed a S280 with the stock cross over. All I can say is make sure that the coupler has the clamps in place on the turbo side before you put in the stock and use some wd40 for lube.
Awesome. Thanks for the info!