Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

She may be Totaled

dhminer

2000 Post Club
:sick:So little update … So in short my company Amica has lowballed me. They said damage was 12k and they were totaling it. Do the math 12k is 75% of what. Wait what? Ya told him I had researched how mupch my car was selling for comparable mileage and his reply was oh no we are not buying you na new car. I responded ah these are used prices:LOL:. He said we are not giving you the market value of your car. At which point I responded Oh should I get another appraisal and he was like why it’s totaled. I thought but did not say ahem cough cough because I am in California and in case you conveniently forgot state insurance law we are entitled to the choice of 3 different estimates! I then asked so what’s the number and he was like oh it has to got over to your total adjusters and they will contact you with the number in 2-3 business days. :LOL::mad: He then asked were the car was at the shop or home so they could send a tow truck to pick it up at which point I said ah no I am keeping my car. Lol he actually thought I would let them take my car without giving me numbers . This guy is dumber than dumb.
So Ya hung the phone called the other parties insurance who had admittedly liability told them what was going on that I wanted to run a claim through them they are sending on of their reps on wed State Farm
Talked to my body man and he is like bring the car over sat or mon and we will get it taken care he said he can fix it and he has a guy who can do wraps as it’s the guy he is taking his 240z too to get wrapped.
Car might wind up being fixed without a total!

So Amica now officially sucks as a car insurance company . Used to be great not anymore goodbye Amica.
In my experience, the only insurance company that’s been truly helpful was Erie Insurance when one of their drivers rear-ended my wife. They were actually annoying they called so much with updates on repair progress and making sure wifey was happy with the Audi they rented her while her Rogue was being repaired. They actually rejected the body shop’s original attempt to color match the metallic green paint and made them redo it.

So Amica now officially sucks as a car insurance company . Used to be great not anymore goodbye Amica.
Hopefully it gets taken care of in the end, but I this is the first time I've ever heard of Amica - at least I know to stay away in the future.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #43
Hopefully it gets taken care of in the end, but I this is the first time I've ever heard of Amica - at least I know to stay away in the future.
well Plot thickens I just got a email with the adjusted total loss of $21860! I am awaiting talking to the total loss adjuster to see what the buy back would be. If this works out my faith in Amica has been renewed and I just had a wack claims adjuster.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #45
Hope it all goes well Dave. It's like losing a family member when you're so into cars!
Well Juan and I are already discussing the rebuild it’s a question of how much they are gonna sell her back to me for. Though ya the $21860 Valuation is a good thing.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well Juan and I are already discussing the rebuild it’s a question of how much they are gonna sell her back to me for. Though ya the $21860 Valuation is a good thing.
Fingers crossed for you Dave.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Following. How'd you not bounce your head off the side window? It's great you have the connections and resources to better a bad situation. How bad was the Tiggy's grill look'n?

My FiST almost got to totaled by a red-light runner a week after getting rear-ended at 65MPH on my motorcycle. No clue how the FiST managed to stop so quick. Hitting the brake I was sure my babe was toast. Credit to the engineers (and who knows what in my case) for keeping us safe. 👍

the duke

well Plot thickens I just got a email with the adjusted total loss of $21860! I am awaiting talking to the total loss adjuster to see what the buy back would be. If this works out my faith in Amica has been renewed and I just had a wack claims adjuster.
My advice? Take the check and grab a new car. There are lots of cars to experience.

Or be a man and buy a liter bike :D

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #49
Following. How'd you not bounce your head off the side window? It's great you have the connections and resources to better a bad situation. How bad was the Tiggy's grill look'n?

My FiST almost got to totaled by a red-light runner a week after getting rear-ended at 65MPH on my motorcycle. No clue how the FiST managed to stop so quick. Hitting the brake I was sure my babe was toast. Credit to the engineers (and who knows what in my case) for keeping us safe. 👍
No time to car spun a 180. Plus Recaros hold you in and I am only 5’7” :LOL: Formula 1 driver size! Tiggy hit me at an angle took it in the corner of the fender and headlight hence why my door and b pillar got gouged so hard.
My advice? Take the check and grab a new car. There are lots of cars to experience.

Or be a man and buy a liter bike :D
Ya Liter Bike fun but hella dangerous here. As for the car have you looked at how hard it is to buy a new car for a reasonable price lately? :ROFLMAO: When one of the local Toyota dealerships has one GR86 on the lot and it’s a flappy Auto and they have it listed for 36k!!! Ya new and used cars are just an overpriced proposition right hence my car getting totaled and valued at 2k over what I bought it for new. I have 10k in parts on it . Of course I am going to buy it back. even If I took the performance parts off amd sold them I would net 5K right there my car is rebuildable so stock on the private market I could get some good money from it as well of course the only thing is it’s got 26k on it and damn I love the little monster. Never had plans to sell it . Now my collectors item M3 that could get shown the door any days and I would profit handsomely.

Last edited:
OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #50
Little update on the loss evaluation after talking to the adjuster today , total loss adjuster won’t be back in the office till tues but I mentioned she had left out the valuation of the Recaro’s and he said she would make that adjustment which is gonna take overall valuation to $24k

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #52
Geez that's a good deal.
Well it has already been valued at $21860 and I noticed she had taken into account the tri color paint but not the Recaro package lol after fees and what not that pretty much hits $24k heh looks like I might be getting a almost free Salvage title car since I paid $19678 new for her.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Well it has already been valued at $21860 and I noticed she had taken into account the tri color paint but not the Recaro package lol after fees and what not that pretty much hits $24k heh looks like I might be getting a almost free Salvage title car since I paid $19678 new for her.
You have the space/time to do a swap or you going to fix the chassis?

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #54
You have the space/time to do a swap or you going to fix the chassis?
most likely gonna fix. I have 3 more years of no smog. Car has extended warranty lol and 26k on it. Swapping parts would take a lot of time there were a few cars I had my eyes for either low price or super low miles which is tempting but equal mileage vehicle is most likely gone already . It’s too bad because what I am settling for I could have easily snapped that up and switched over some parts and sold my car. Either way I am not letting the insurance companies get my car. But ya space to work is really an issue as in I do not. Time is not a problem I make my own hours.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #56
Ok folks we have now moved to part out status as I have found a low mileage 19 I am picking up to swap some parts over . I still have to figure out the logistics unless someone wants to give me me the right amount for the car with stock non recaro seats stock springs and struts .Oh and stock turbo of course. Other stuff could get left on depending on price.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #59
figured I would update here i case I had not Insurance totaled the car for a crazy sum with buy back. Let’s just say if I sold my parts I would have spent 1-2k max to drive it for 5 years . With that said after acquiring another one I have driven the Spice Machine and it drives fine . tracktion control turned back on the no hill assist warning went away. I am guessing the yaw sensor got triggered in the accident.
Anyways she still smells showroom new inside and I am going to get her fixed. So stay tuned.

Last edited: