Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

She may be Totaled

Dpro

6000 Post Club
So ya A dumb girl tried to cross my lane when she was exiting a Chevron around the corner from my home. I literally swerved to avoid hitting her and she turned into me . Ya it sucks passenger rear door has like a 3-4 inch gap between the roof and the door frame . B pillar is crushed . We will see . I already filed the info with insurance even though it was 3:45 in the morning here. IMG_9006.jpeg

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
So ya A dumb girl tried to cross my lane when she was exiting a Chevron around the corner from my home. I literally swerved to avoid hitting her and she turned into me . Ya it sucks passenger rear door has like a 3-4 inch gap between the roof and the door frame . B pillar is crushed . We will see . I already filed the info with insurance even though it was 3:45 in the morning here. View attachment 56321
At least your OK! I Bet Adam @ Tune- can get you fixed up. Heard he is gonna do Body work now and make panels out of Titanium.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
I do hope it's get fixed Dpro...it wouldnt be the same without you around here. View attachment 56322
Ya no I was thinking about changing the color but that was by doing a wrap…not bodywork and a repaint. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: jokes aside the damage is pretty extensive. When I limped the car home my no hill assist light was on. So there is most likely wire harness damage in the B pillar. I am going to take more pics today that was quick shot this morning . I literally did a 180 after she hit me. I was just like ok she just killed the car. Volkswagen Tiguan of all things.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Sorry to hear that Dave. Going to send photos to Juan to see if it can be fixed?

the duke

If the structure of the center B-pillar is good than a new set of doors could make this an easier fix. If they have to frame machine the side of the car, insurance might not want to sign-off on the liability of the fix. Granted it's not the front or rear ring of the chassis, but that opens a whole can of "what-if" that I'm sure it's easier to simply cut a check for.

I'll take the Mountune intercoler for 250 bucks.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #17
If the structure of the center B-pillar is good than a new set of doors could make this an easier fix. If they have to frame machine the side of the car, insurance might not want to sign-off on the liability of the fix. Granted it's not the front or rear ring of the chassis, but that opens a whole can of "what-if" that I'm sure it's easier to simply cut a check for.

I'll take the Mountune intercoler for 250 bucks.
if you look at the picture there is damage to the pillar and yes if it’s on the outer side of the b pillar thats ripped up it’s not hard to repair like you said. The question does it have to racked and does it..
the car have enough value to warrant racking and or the liability side of racking it. Now here is another some of you may not have considered .

I know this because I was lightly tapped in the rear before and it ripped the bumper cover mount tab and the whole cover needed to be replace. How much do you think that job cost? 4k! Why because Fords Tri Color Metallics are super expensive 3 stage jobs in the aftermarket these days. My whole will need to be repainted it cannot be color section matched. So we are looking most likely a close to 10k paint job for the whole car outside of labor to replace and repair ostuff. So I will send pics tomorrow to my body while I wait for the insurance to appraise ithe damage and decide. Car has 26k mileage.

Last edited:

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Very sorry to see this.
I agree it does look like it may be totaled.
Make sure you provide all the receipts you have for all the mods you have done as you can be reimbursed.

Fuuuuuuck dude!!! So sorry to see / hear! Sucks ass. Glad you’re ok.

But I am a craven opportunist if nothing else, so if its totaled and you decide to sell stuff off……you know I’ll make the drive down in a heartbeat 😜😜