Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Shmi what the hell happened?

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Pretty sure I saw a post about this on another forum.
Wanna know what did it?

Guess what has four legs and a disney movie about a dead mother

edit:
yes, deer strikes suck

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Ouch that's terrible.

That truly sucks, but i'm glad Bambi didn't go through the windshield or it could have been a REALLY bad day. But hey, now seems like a pretty good time for that intercooler upgrade... [drummer]

OP
RyGuyFIST83
Thread Starter #6
Yea deers suck,there is a lot of them by me,especially when I leave for work at 5am every morning. There is one road before I get on the parkway that's always full of 'em. Total in damages was around $5,500. He's getting it fixed now.

-ry

OP
RyGuyFIST83
Thread Starter #8
That truly sucks, but i'm glad Bambi didn't go through the windshield or it could have been a REALLY bad day. But hey, now seems like a pretty good time for that intercooler upgrade... [drummer]
He said the intercooler wasn't damaged so in the end he didn't go with an upgrade. Would have been the right time to do it though.

Wonder why he left this forum though??

ry

Harvick

1000 Post Club

Thats some serious damage from Bambi.

Shmi

I'm still around just been inactive for a bit. And I couldn't sign up here as "shmi" so here it's "shmii", lol. Been less active on the Fiesta forums since I have no fiesta to drive, hahah. I got a call from the bodyshop today and the funny part is it needs a radiator AND an AC condenser. But no intercooler. UGH! Figures, right? [?|]

Anyhow, that thread basically sums it up, I hit two deer two fridays ago so the car's in the shop. They revised the estimate and called me today saying it needs about $2k more in work so the current total is up to just over $7k.

Sigh... On the plus side the suspension and drivetrain are fine. The boost hose from the cooler that runs up the front middle of the car cracked, but other than that the engine is intact and the suspension survived untouched.

You don't know how happy that makes me. The last thing I'd want is replacement of suspension parts and an alignment and then hoping and praying that it handled just as perfectly as it did from the factory... I've had that happen to another car and it just didn't feel quite the same afterward.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
I'm still around just been inactive for a bit. And I couldn't sign up here as "shmi" so here it's "shmii", lol. Been less active on the Fiesta forums since I have no fiesta to drive, hahah. I got a call from the bodyshop today and the funny part is it needs a radiator AND an AC condenser. But no intercooler. UGH! Figures, right? [?|]

Anyhow, that thread basically sums it up, I hit two deer two fridays ago so the car's in the shop. They revised the estimate and called me today saying it needs about $2k more in work so the current total is up to just over $7k.

Sigh... On the plus side the suspension and drivetrain are fine. The intake boot from the cooler that runs up the front middle of the car cracked, but other than that the engine is intact and the suspension survived untouched.

You don't know how happy that makes me. The last thing I'd want is replacement of suspension parts and an alignment and then hoping and praying that it handled just as perfectly as it did from the factory... I've had that happen to another car and it just didn't feel quite the same afterward.
That is good to hear that they will set you right man! She will be back on the road in no time I am sure!

On a side note, I was riding back up 29 on the same stretch of road Sunday evening, saw 4 deer just standing around waiting to make the "run" across.......I stared them down hard......then rev'd hard to scare them away lol [giggle]

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Would you like your name changed to Shmi?[twothumb]

+1 for the diagram. Have you had a chance to look at the supplement sheets from the body shop yet? I only ask because working with a few body shops around here, I know insurance companies sometimes go for aftermarket and used parts to save money on repairs. USAA in particular tries really hard to do this. I understand that its a business and cutting costs is part of the practice but it usually only saves them a couple of bucks in the end and you get stuck with lesser quality parts on a relatively brand new car. This is also something good body shops try to avoid by price matching new parts from a dealership with the slightly cheaper aftermarket/used ones that insurance is willing to pay for.

Shmi

That is good to hear that they will set you right man! She will be back on the road in no time I am sure!

On a side note, I was riding back up 29 on the same stretch of road Sunday evening, saw 4 deer just standing around waiting to make the "run" across.......I stared them down hard......then rev'd hard to scare them away lol [giggle]
Yeah I just really really want to drive the car! It's a lot of fun and I miss it.

A slight positive - I asked them not to drill the new front bumper, so it shouldn't have any ugly license plate holes drilled in it when i get it back. [like]

And yeah... look out for deer everyone. They're starting to pop up more with the warmer weather. I kind of feel bad for the two that I hit, since I'm sure they crawled off into the woods to die somewhere, but not much I can do about that.

Shmi

+1 for the diagram. Have you had a chance to look at the supplement sheets from the body shop yet? I only ask because working with a few body shops around here, I know insurance companies sometimes go for aftermarket and used parts to save money on repairs. USAA in particular tries really hard to do this. I understand that its a business and cutting costs is part of the practice but it usually only saves them a couple of bucks in the end and you get stuck with lesser quality parts on a relatively brand new car. This is also something good body shops try to avoid by price matching new parts from a dealership with the slightly cheaper aftermarket/used ones that insurance is willing to pay for.
I work at an Audi dealership in the parts department so I personally know the guy at the body shop who is working with my car from dealing with him weekly selling him parts. He is making sure they are using 100% OEM parts. I wouldn't settle for less honestly, the car barely has 3300 miles on it and I won't accept anything less than full OEM parts. And I've also witnessed what you've seen - we've worked with this shop in the past to price match some body panels so that they could stick with OEM parts. In any case USAA posts PDFs of the estimates and supplements the same day they're written up by the shop, and I've been keeping a close eye. Everything looks great so far. I'm staying on top of this hahah, this car is my preciousssss.

However, he told me that the USAA adjuster was great and was completely behind using OEM parts, so, so far, so good!

You know exactly how it goes then, I worked in parts at a Ford dealership up till last week. Having an insider at a body shop is an awesome thing!

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Now we be a good time to get that aftermarket FMIC[woot]