Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Should I buy this 2015 Ford Fiesta ST?

Buy or no buy?

• Buy!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No buy!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hello everyone,

I am looking at financing a 2015 Ford Fiesta ST, and figured what better people to ask for some opinions/advice on the specific one I'm looking at, than current Fiesta owners. I have looked for other Ford Fiesta ST's around me but none of them seem as good as this one. Give me your honest opinion on if I should get this or not. Based on the KBB value it is higher than a fair rating, but based on Carfax rating it is a good deal. I would love to get this car but want to see what others think. Thanks in advance for taking time to look at my post and for replying. Wish you all the best!

This is the link to the dealer post:

https://www.unitedautos.com/vdp/187...utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=kbb_listings

-FreeAtLast

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
It looks like a decent car to me, I don't have a good feel for what prices are, but in this used car market you can't be too picky about that.I would look to see if there are maintenance records, look for things like regular oil changes.The Recaro seats are really nice to have, I have the moonroof, and it can be nice on a pretty day, but I hardly ever use it. The navigation is unnecessary, you can do that with your phone.
One thing to consider is that the cars from '16 on have the upgraded Sync 3, which is a considerable improvement in the screen system. There was also a recall for some 14s and 15s for a defect in the head which could allow some coolant to escape. The fix is somewhat of a Band-Aid, so if the car was not subject to the recall that would be a plus.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I wish they had a picture of the engine. It might be a little overpriced, but the market is crazy right now

Hello everyone,

I am looking at financing a 2015 Ford Fiesta ST, and figured what better people to ask for some opinions/advice on the specific one I'm looking at, than current Fiesta owners. I have looked for other Ford Fiesta ST's around me but none of them seem as good as this one. Give me your honest opinion on if I should get this or not. Based on the KBB value it is higher than a fair rating, but based on Carfax rating it is a good deal. I would love to get this car but want to see what others think. Thanks in advance for taking time to look at my post and for replying. Wish you all the best!

This is the link to the dealer post:

https://www.unitedautos.com/vdp/187...utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=kbb_listings

-FreeAtLast
I was in the same boat back in November. I think that is an ok price. Not good, not bad. I would try to get a sense of how it was taken car of. If well taken care of and running perfect and you want it, buy it. For comparison, I bought a 2018 with 28k miles that runs perfect, new brakes, new tires, base model?, For $20,900 and I didn't think twice.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
2 owner and 11 service record events.
Make sure that the recall work for prevent of overheat has been performed.
Inspect for evidence of mod-reversal.
Not personally aware of an easy way to tell whether or not they've fooled with the programming.

2 owner and 11 service record events.
Make sure that the recall work for prevent of overheat has been performed.
Inspect for evidence of mod-reversal.
Not personally aware of an easy way to tell whether or not they've fooled with the programming.
I always try to get under the car if I can. Might be some signs of previous mods. I did this at the Ford dealer I bought from and the sales woman was so confused 😂

1) what is up with the rear passenger rim? is that just the pictures or is it majorly screwed up?
2) as others have said, looks for evidence of mod removal (wear on the heads of bolts, marks, marring, etc.)
3) your out of Ford's paint warranty, so check the door jambs for paint bubbling/corrosion. common on the door on the inside where there's a seam. if it's bad, it might need to be addressed. if it's not bad and you're ok with it, maybe you can at least get a little discount.
price is ok. idk how the market is there, here in PA I paid 19k for my 18 with 36kmiles. so I'd say it's an ok price, not great or anything.
4) looks like, at least from the carfax, which isn't always 100% reliable, that the first owner did his own maintenance. the second owner took it in every 7k miles to be serviced. do with that what you will.

also welcome!

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
If you want/like the silver color, you must buy a '14 or '15 (most likely with at least this many miles on it as well), as those were the only years that hue was offered.
I got the silver as my 2nd choice. White was not in stock. So glad I got it. Black and silver compliment each other! Took me 7yrs to see another silver one in the LA area.

OP
FreeAtLast
Thread Starter #12
I appreciate the information and advice from everyone, you guys are awesome! Unfortunately my financing options weren't looking too hot so I had to pass up on this ST ):
Hoping in the future I will be able to find another ST and officially join the fam. Once again thank you everyone, wishing you all the best!

I appreciate the information and advice from everyone, you guys are awesome! Unfortunately my financing options weren't looking too hot so I had to pass up on this ST ):
Hoping in the future I will be able to find another ST and officially join the fam. Once again thank you everyone, wishing you all the best!
Interest rates are stupid crazy right now