Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Side skirt glue situation

It appears that my driver-side side skirt has come unglued. Does anybody have a recommendation for which kind of glue to use to repair this?

IMG_3907.jpg

Thanks in advance for your advice.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
It appears that my driver-side side skirt has come unglued. Does anybody have a recommendation for which kind of glue to use to repair this?

View attachment 46556

This was a two sided 3m tape I do believe. To do it right. The whole thing will have to come off and be cleaned adhesive/wax remover. Then let it dry...its best off to do any of this with the 3m tape in at least 70° weather to allow the tape to properly adhere to the metal. Or* you could just try to clean it off right there with adhesive remover and re-tape it the chances of it coming undone again. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Everyone is gonna say the real strong, body shop grade 3M double-sided tape, but that stuff never held for me, especially not in the cold temps seen here (might work in torrid 'zona).
Once I repaint and replace my passenger side skirt, I will have the shop use some of that (yup, basically permanent) 3M, or SEM industrial grade adhesive to hold it on. [wink]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thanks for the advice. I think I'm going to try the tape first as I'm in the desert.
When you do it...let it sit in the sun to "bake" the tape to the metal. The warmer it is outside the better the chance it will stay on the FiST. Cleaning is always a top priority also....nice clean mating surface is one of the most crucial factors beside Temp.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account

View attachment 46556

I used JB weld to hold mine on. Probably not the greatest idea, but it worked for me.

Sam4

I used JB weld to hold mine on. Probably not the greatest idea, but it worked for me.
And I went with clear construction glue - same idea. There is not much to work with in this area to mount tape to as far as a lip goes. Whatever I used had to cure for 24 hrs, so I had a pair of forceps dangling for a bit...

Fiestig

I really like 3M VHB, but again it needs to be cleaner than a Florida pan handle middle of nowhere highway gas station bathroom..... Wait, I think I have this analogy backwards:unsure:...:eek:.... Yeah, just clean first;)