Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Slight Popping Sound with Clutch

This is my first manual that I've daily driven, that said I'm not really sure what's the norm. So this might be a stupid thing to be concerned about, but I'm getting a slight popping noise when releasing the clutch in first gear. Parked with engine off. The noise happens right at the engagement point of the clutch. It's definitely discernible, but only when the engine is off.

The best way I can describe the sound is that it's very similar to opening a bottle of Snapples or anything with a similar cap that pops when you open it. It sounds exactly like that.

Is this normal?

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Is it on first start after sitting overnight? Or every time you take off?

PunkST

2000 Post Club
That is strange. I wonder if its the pedal return spring just being noisy. If your car is cold rn. Go sit in the seat door closed kinda upside down and push the clutch pedal ( with things like the radio and stuff off) try and hear where its coming from.

OP
J
Thread Starter #5
Just tried it with the car cold and didn't hear anything out of the ordinary. No popping. So it only happens after driving.