Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

So my oil exploded

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Sorry to tell ya....Engine is fucked....start looking for a Yard motor....its way cheaper than building one. If you're not pushing High Hp numbers it's just not worth it.Plus the down time will be less significant than building.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Yep it is destroyed you probably blew a hole through the Piston.
29 PSI bad idea. 14 PSI wastegate on stock turbo bad idea.
When you get it fixed maybe go back to the stock wastegate.
Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
That sucks man, I've been down that path and in the end I sold my MS3 and mods at a loss. I thought I would build it stronger and better than stock but only aiming for about 400whp, but all the aftermarket parts and an incompetent builder just created problems. The clutch they recommended kept blowing slave cylinders and almost got me into a highspeed accident on the highway (clutch wouldn't release). That builder went out of business and reopened elsewhere. Car went through 3 built motors likely because rod bearing tolerances were way off. Once you spin a bearing turbos need to be rebuilt because metal shavings in the oil will destroy the internals, maybe not right away but eventually. So it's automatically the cost of replacing bearings and shipping turbos off to be inspected and maybe rebuilt. None of that is cheap. This is also assuming you have a backup daily driver.

Stock motor with mods to vent high crankcase pressure should be adequate. Dizzy should have some known solutions if they aren't common knowledge on this forum.

I've never seen a build thread where the author says "car handles 3 times the horsepower and everything is fine!" It's usually updates about maintenance and chasing gremlins. If you go that route you need to have a reliable daily.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I think that a member had a hole blow through the piston with the 2J intake....its been a while but I remember reading that it's one I take that should be tuned for....cant use search button currently....at Vets office with the pupperoo

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #26
Can't let the car go, not taking defeat. She will live again! Also, this is the second post you've said that on typhoonfist. You sure you saw that here? I tried looking it up last time and never found it.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #27
Also, I emailed Jason about this. He says the MAP sensor can't read over 2.9 bar of pressure so my actual boost was about 35-40 PSI by the time I hit 5500 RPMS. If you want to know the point at which these engines fail.... that'd be it.

Spork1569

Also, I emailed Jason about this. He says the MAP sensor can't read over 2.9 bar of pressure so my actual boost was about 35-40 PSI by the time I hit 5500 RPMS. If you want to know the point at which these engines fail.... that'd be it.
Dang that's crazy, so you were running almost double from what comes from the factory. I'm surprised the little turbo could even make that much boost, I would've expected it to max out at 30ish.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #30
It is very possible. I'm actually thinking I only messed up the valves. But, I never ever ever want this to happen again. I'm on pumaspeed right now getting some ideas. Forum, you have my checkbook give me your thoughts.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #31
I'm giving you 5-7k go. I'll list current mods again. Whoosh v3 intercooler, 2jr intake and downpipe and side exit exhaust, turbosmart wastegate actuator, turbosmart bov, symposer delete, cobb RMM.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Can't let the car go, not taking defeat. She will live again! Also, this is the second post you've said that on typhoonfist. You sure you saw that here? I tried looking it up last time and never found it.
It was Sourskittles buddy....i do believe i recall this....and you said you were going to get a tune done by Stratified...did you ever do that?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I wonder why and how the car was running that much boost now ?

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #38
see I would do that but.... a redtop from pumaspeed is 5300 with all the bells and whistles... without me turning in my engine.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #40
Either which way you look at it, it's better then spending 5 grand on a new one from Ford with nothing but oem on it. I think I'm gonna go with the red with the x47 turbo. It'll set me up nicely for 320+ up and be more bullet proof. Plus with the lower wastegate I won't have an over boost issue again

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk