Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Socal GarageWorks Carbon Fiber Steering wheel

Hey Guys!

Been seriously looking forward to this moment where I get to show you guys my new steering wheel. Just received it and installed it this evening and I think it looks absolutely awesome! I'm glad there are more options opening up for our platform. Let me know what you guys think!

You can find this HERE, where you can make a really customized wheel to match whatever you are going for in your interior. The control buttons that were included even glow red instead of white now.

I know this sounds really paid advertisement-y but I am honestly just really happy with how the product turned out.

Let me know what you guys think or is you have any questions, hell, roast me if you want! Hopefully you guys like it!
That looks dope. Congrats.

OP
Djkid1456
Thread Starter #24
$650 with the July 4th discount.

Then they have another $75 core exchange discount. You ship your old steering wheel to them after receiving the new one.
Sweet deal man. That's a great price. The carbon button trim is a bit expensive but looks great so had to go for it. The black painted one will look just as good as well.

Sent from my SM-F700U1 using Tapatalk

I opted for the forged carbon & the LED setup. Ordered it yesterday, 7/6/2020 and even with the $170 USD discount, $1138 USD was a pricey purchase. Now I need someone to install it for it, DM me if you know someone or you can install it for me, I'm in Pomona California.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
If anyone else has installed one of these would love to see how you optioned it. These things look absolutely sick! My problem atm is I cant decide carbon, forged carbon, full leather. Maybe I'll install all 3, can glue one on the passenger side and .....okay I need to settle down

OP
Djkid1456
Thread Starter #28
If anyone else has installed one of these would love to see how you optioned it. These things look absolutely sick! My problem atm is I cant decide carbon, forged carbon, full leather. Maybe I'll install all 3, can glue one on the passenger side and .....okay I need to settle down
If you still haven't bought one yet, I found there is a guy on Instagram that goes by Jalisco Carbon. From what I heard, his rates are cheaper and he may be able to give you photos of exact options he has available. Definitely worth looking into!

Here's mine in Carbon Fiber and Black Alcantara. I had the steering wheel insert cover painted Tuxedo Black when I had my hood, bumper, front fender, and mirror caps repainted. I've had the steering wheel installed since September 12 and it's way better than the stock steering wheel.

IMG_8747 2 copy.jpg
IMG_8750 2.jpg
IMG_8756.JPG

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Here's mine in Carbon Fiber and Black Alcantara. I had the steering wheel insert cover painted Tuxedo Black when I had my hood, bumper, front fender, and mirror caps repainted. I've had the steering wheel installed since September 12 and it's way better than the stock steering wheel.

View attachment 37694
View attachment 37695
View attachment 37696
Transformational. Love it! Thanks for the photos.

Transformational. Love it! Thanks for the photos.
You're welcome! You just have to be patient with the production timeline. It took 8 weeks including shipping to arrive from when I ordered the steering wheel. They have discounts during holidays so look out for that.

OP
Djkid1456
Thread Starter #32

View attachment 37694
View attachment 37695
View attachment 37696
It looks great! I am glad you are enjoying it as much as I have. It really does just improve the interior drastically. They even included replaced control buttons that illuminate red instead of white. Next up I would like to change all the silver plastic pieces and wrap/paint them gloss/satin black or something to tie it all together.

It looks great! I am glad you are enjoying it as much as I have. It really does just improve the interior drastically. They even included replaced control buttons that illuminate red instead of white. Next up I would like to change all the silver plastic pieces and wrap/paint them gloss/satin black or something to tie it all together.
That's a great plan and will complete the look of the interior. Those silver plastic finishes stick out in the wrong way.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
That's a great plan and will complete the look of the interior. Those silver plastic finishes stick out in the wrong way.
I thought about wrapping the hvac rings, cupholder trim and interior door handle covers in a carbon fiber type wrap. Could def do those silver trims in deep satin or matte black and really murder it out in there. Vvivid or something like that.

I thought about wrapping the hvac rings, cupholder trim and interior door handle covers in a carbon fiber type wrap. Could def do those silver trims in deep satin or matte black and really murder it out in there. Vvivid or something like that.
I think In the long run, painting would be the best option so you don't have to worry about the vinyl pealing. :unsure: curious to see the pics of Vvivid interior mod.