Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SoCal Meet & Drive 08/16/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobK

There is a Costco in Santa Clarita but it is off of the 14 and Via Princessa, not sure if it is worth the savings as it is kind of out of the way from where the meeting spot is.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Costco Gas!

You put that tank wash in your car?

Dave

As in some areas that we will be going on this and future runs.
I strongly suggest that we have and use personal two way radios.
These are cheap now and available many places.

I also suggest that you get the ones that have sub channel capabilities.

Dave
I second this suggestion. I've used them on group rides before. Great to alert those behind you of debris, RVs, cops, pulling over for a break etc etc.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=two+way+radio

You cant go wrong with any options really.

I'll be bringing one.

That and, it can be as fun as the guys of Top Gear make it look :)

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Someone please share videos with us of this run. [woot]

Quick CHP story relevant to this ride.

Exiting the fun canyon roads of angeles crest going North, there is a several mile downhill straight road, two lanes going north, that is a 55 mph road. It is extremely tempting to continue scooting at a reasonable speed. I was practically coasting down the hill with cruise control at 71 mph one day all by myself. At the bottom of the hill is the slightest of kinks with a small hill on the inside corner. On the otherside of that slight kink was CHP waiting to laze people coming down the hill. I pulled over immediately as soon as I saw him make his U-turn. After being asked if my dad knew I was driving his car (I respectfully told the officer I owned my own car) I was written up for going 71 in a 55, not a single mph taken off my cruising speed. This was back in 2011. 16 over = 400 something dollar ticket. I'm all for having fun in the turns of the canyon, but any type of straight away where there is potential for police..... I revert to grandpa mode.

I take that road about 3 times a year... I've seen CHP chill there at least once every other year on the weekends.

OP
SICKESSS-ST

SICKESSS-ST

Thread Starter #27
Count me in. Sic-ST, thoughts on rally points? (For those of us attempting to adhere to the posted limits on the front side of Angeles Crest.)
Cool, you are counted in sir! Works for me, I am somewhat of a law abiding citizen, let's talk about that at our meet tonight, hopefully you can make it.

I second this suggestion. I've used them on group rides before. Great to alert those behind you of debris, RVs, cops, pulling over for a break etc etc.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=two+way+radio

You cant go wrong with any options really.

I'll be bringing one.

That and, it can be as fun as the guys of Top Gear make it look :)
Great idea, we'll discuss that also tonight and I'll see about getting at least a couple of the those.

Quick CHP story relevant to this ride.

Exiting the fun canyon roads of angeles crest going North, there is a several mile downhill straight road, two lanes going north, that is a 55 mph road. It is extremely tempting to continue scooting at a reasonable speed. I was practically coasting down the hill with cruise control at 71 mph one day all by myself. At the bottom of the hill is the slightest of kinks with a small hill on the inside corner. On the otherside of that slight kink was CHP waiting to laze people coming down the hill. I pulled over immediately as soon as I saw him make his U-turn. After being asked if my dad knew I was driving his car (I respectfully told the officer I owned my own car) I was written up for going 71 in a 55, not a single mph taken off my cruising speed. This was back in 2011. 16 over = 400 something dollar ticket. I'm all for having fun in the turns of the canyon, but any type of straight away where there is potential for police..... I revert to grandpa mode.

I take that road about 3 times a year... I've seen CHP chill there at least once every other year on the weekends.
Thanks for that info! We don't want anyone to get a ticket.

I'm in Fullerton, will try hard to make it. It's a trek getting all the way up there, but for the FiST brotherhood I think I can make an exception.

-Peter

Oh yeah, I've got Ricaro's so hopefully we have some rest stops along the way. Def not long-trip seats...

OP
SICKESSS-ST

SICKESSS-ST

Thread Starter #30
I'm in Fullerton, will try hard to make it. It's a trek getting all the way up there, but for the FiST brotherhood I think I can make an exception.

-Peter

Hopefully you'll make, traffic should not be too bad on a Sunday morning at about 5-6am, lol. [MENTION=928]DirtyBlueshirt[/MENTION] drives up here from Anaheim to a lot of our events, he has fun every time. And yes, it's all in the name of The FiST Brotherhood!

Hopefully you'll make, traffic should not be too bad on a Sunday morning at about 5-6am, lol. [MENTION=928]DirtyBlueshirt[/MENTION] drives up here from Anaheim to a lot of our events, he has fun every time. And yes, it's all in the name of The FiST Brotherhood!
I do plan on being there. My Fiesta should be back by then.

This might be a bit too epic for me, but we shall see. I'm looking at a full tank of gas in one go between driving up there and driving back home to the LBC afterwards. Is there a Costco around there?
There's one in santa clarita right next to the 14

Status
Not open for further replies.